Lt. Commander
# 1 Path to F2P Blog #26
01-04-2012, 11:38 AM
In the latest entry on The Path to F2P, Stephen announces Early Access for F2P.

Link to the Article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-04-2012, 11:44 AM
When you say no loss, do you mean no loss in Boff Slots, Character Slots, Costume Slots, Inventory Slots, etc... What I am asking is that if you were a gold before this F2P launch, as a silver do you still retain those things?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-04-2012, 11:45 AM
A cleaver and acceptable way to test the silver conversion and mechanics.

Welcome back old friends.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-04-2012, 11:47 AM
I wish Cryptic the best of luck and I'm honestly looking forward to the future of STO.
Good luck, guys.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk
When you say no loss, do you mean no loss in Boff Slots, Character Slots, Costume Slots, Inventory Slots, etc... What I am asking is that if you were a gold before this F2P launch, as a silver do you still retain those things?
The features matrix (referenced in the blog entry) answers those questions clearly. Yes, you lose those those things. The ships, gear, and cash you accumulated is yours.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-04-2012, 11:55 AM
When you say "no loss," are you indicating the "no loss" is permanent? Or only for a limited time of the head start?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Early access is our way of thanking the many loyal customers who sat in the Captainís chair during the past two years.
Uhm... while I get that this is a good thing for someone whose sub lapsed or who was only here for a little bit, how is this thanking lifers or those who have paid subscriptions for all this time? I'm just wondering if I'm missing something, which is entirely possible.

It's a nice gesture, though. I'll be interested in seeing how many people take up this offer.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyEx
The features matrix (referenced in the blog entry) answers those questions clearly. Yes, you lose those those things. The ships, gear, and cash you accumulated is yours.
I am aware of what the features matrix says, the statement of "no loss" in the blog is what is in question. The F2P matrix shows you will lose things, but that is contradicted by the statement in the blog post.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyEx
Actually, it doesn't answer those questions clearly. In the blog post:

Quote:
The most important fact is that previous subscribers can jump right in and play their existing characters with no extra steps and no loss of anything they previously gained for their characters.
No loss of anything previously gained would include all the BOff slots gained through leveling, ship slots through leveling, vet rewards, etc. This needs to be cleared up ASAP before it causes another firestorm in the community. (it's been so quiet lately)
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk
Silver accounts that had previously been subscribers(gold) will retain the character slots, boff slots and foundry project slots of gold accounts. Characters of such accounts will have the extra inventory slots due to rank up from whatever their last rank as a gold player was,