Lt. Commander
# 11
01-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
Uhm... while I get that this is a good thing for someone whose sub lapsed or who was only here for a little bit, how is this thanking lifers or those who have paid subscriptions for all this time? I'm just wondering if I'm missing something, which is entirely possible.

It's a nice gesture, though. I'll be interested in seeing how many people take up this offer.
You have earned your veteran rewards for the last two years, these people have not. That is one edge that you ahve over them. Your loyalty is rewarded every 100 days.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Some clarification is needed on the actual conversion process... (especially that no-lose statement...)

Does this mean that existing characters/BOs/ships/items/inventory that is not supported by 'Silver' accounts are placed in a 'in-active' state? And if so, what is the process to choose what remains 'active' and what becomes 'in-active'???

Edit:....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
Silver accounts that had previously been subscribers(gold) will retain the character slots, boff slots and foundry project slots of gold accounts. Characters of such accounts will have the extra inventory slots due to rank up from whatever their last rank as a gold player was,
This provides some of the answers. (Though what about 'bound' items in lost inventory slots?)
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Silver accounts that had previously been subscribers(gold) will retain the character slots, boff slots and foundry project slots of gold accounts. Characters of such accounts will have the extra inventory slots due to rank up from whatever their last rank as a gold player was,
Thank you very much for the clarification Rhepic, it is truely appreciated. It also seems like a good move to perhaps retain a portion of these past subscribers.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Some clarification is needed on the actual conversion process... (especially that no-lose statement...)

Does this mean that existing characters/BOs/ships/items/inventory that is not supported by 'Silver' accounts are placed in a 'in-active' state? And if so, what is the process to choose what remains 'active' and what becomes 'in-active'???
As far as I've read it goes like this: anything you've previously purchased via the C-Store is yours to keep.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Is this only available if you log in during the head start? Or anytime after?

This is critical to know before I announce this to all my contacts with lapsed accounts. I don't want to provide them the wrong information.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
Is this only available if you log in during the head start? Or anytime after?

This is critical to know before I announce this to all my contacts with lapsed accounts. I don't want to provide them the wrong information.
This is the general policy for gold to silver conversions. It is not in any way limited to the head start period or people who subscribed before f2p.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
This is the general policy for gold to silver conversions. It is not in any way limited to the head start period or people who subscribed before f2p.
Great to know! Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
So if I let my sub lapse in three months (when it's next due for payment) and go "Silver" I'll basically lose nothing? I'll still keep my current inventory/bank slots, my current character slots, my current BOff slots and my current ship slots?

So if all my characters are VAs (and my main ones are) I'll only really lose the 400 CP stipend and have a currency cap by going "silver"?

If that's the case why would I pay for a sub after F2P goes live?

I think you need to put a third column in the F2P matrix about what you have when you "downgrade" to silver from gold. Because, I'm seeing no real reason to stay subbing.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Soo.. player who has subscribed before and has pretty much unlocked everything in the game so far up and including the latest vet rewards will be no different to any other gold player except for future vet rewards and newly created characters?

A former subscriber character retains his "gold" status without ever paying again?

well.. in that case you practically beg people to cancel their subs.... if you ever want to have another gold level character, just sub for one mont, power level the toon for all the unlocks and cancel again to circumvent all tose service unlocks in the c-store....how much money needed to bring a silver toon to gold specs?
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Silver users will however lose access to XMPP chat, correct?