Lt. Commander
# 21
01-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
Silver accounts that had previously been subscribers(gold) will retain the character slots, boff slots and foundry project slots of gold accounts. Characters of such accounts will have the extra inventory slots due to rank up from whatever their last rank as a gold player was,
So being a gold member in f2p practically means paying 15$ for 400 cpoints "worth" 5$?
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-04-2012, 12:27 PM
To everyone in here concerned right now, here is what I see as happening is if you were ever a gold and go to silver you will:
  • No longer gain Veteran Rewarrds
  • Will not get a 400cp Stipend
  • Have an EC cap
  • Not have priority login
  • Not auto-refine dilithium
  • Any New Character created on that account will have the Silver F2P limitations.

Thus you never lose anything you already have, you just don't gain.

Mind you look at what happened with DCUO's launch and SWTOR's launch, I have a feeling priority login is the one aspect of Gold Membership people are glazeing over. You will have the ability to bypass the queue and play the game. Given what has happened with those two launches I would say that is probably the best thing in the matrix. You can't use all the rest of the things you have if you can't get into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
So being a gold member in f2p practically means paying 15$ for 400 cpoints "worth" 5$?
Only if you dont run new toons ever again. I give them that much.
However anyone will now sub for 1 month and powerlevel like mad to get 2-3 toons to VA at least... which should be doable even with just playing on the weekends.
Screw the story experience and learning the skill system... you can get save a ****load of money by getting around all those c-store service unlocks.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this open up a loop hole similar to why we lost the VA Ship Token? If I pay for one month ($15 USD) and level to max, I get those extra bank slots, inventory slots, BO slots, retrain tokens, foundry project slots and depending on how the stipend works, 400 Cryptic Points?

A Silver play would have to buy the following to be close to a gold member in terms of C-Store Items:
2 Additional Character Slots: 500
3x 12 Additional Inventory Slots: 960
4x 12 Additional Bank Slots*: 640
3x 2 Additional Bridge Officer Slots: 600
5x Respec Tokens: 2,000

Total Cryptic Points: 4,700**
Currently 1 USD = 80 Cryptic Points
Total Cost: 58.75 USD, or 62.50 USD for 5,000 Cryptic Points

So yea, I'm seeing a massive deal here. Pay for 1 month (15 USD), level up a character to max and save myself 43.75 USD. I save even more if I level more characters!

*You would need 5 of these to equal gold, but you can only purchase max of 4
**Not counting the possible stipend of 400 Cryptic Points
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this open up a loop hole similar to why we lost the VA Ship Token? If I pay for one month ($15 USD) and level to max, I get those extra bank slots, inventory slots, BO slots, retrain tokens, foundry project slots and depending on how the stipend works, 400 Cryptic Points?

A Silver play would have to buy the following to be close to a gold member in terms of C-Store Items:
2 Additional Character Slots: 500
3x 12 Additional Inventory Slots: 960
4x 12 Additional Bank Slots*: 640
3x 2 Additional Bridge Officer Slots: 600
5x Respec Tokens: 2,000

Total Cryptic Points: 4,700**
Currently 1 USD = 80 Cryptic Points
Total Cost: 58.75 USD, or 62.50 USD for 5,000 Cryptic Points

So yea, I'm seeing a massive deal here. Pay for 1 month (15 USD), level up a character to max and save myself 43.75 USD. I save even more if I level more characters!

*You would need 5 of these to equal gold, but you can only purchase max of 4
**Not counting the possible stipend of 400 Cryptic Points
And all that would be meaningless if you cannot log into the game to play it, i.e. priority login.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Does this also apply to people who've ever used a referral key, but never subscribed?
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk
And all that would be meaningless if you cannot log into the game to play it, i.e. priority login.
And what exactly does that have to do with things? Priority Login simply pushes you up in the queue to login IF their is a queue in the first place. I seriously doubt the game will be flooded to the point where silver's cannot login at all.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
And what exactly does that have to do with things? Priority Login simply pushes you up in the queue to login IF their is a queue in the first place. I seriously doubt the game will be flooded to the point where silver's cannot login at all.
Well, given that it is termed "Priority Login" with priority meaning "taking precidence" and not "Pushed up the Queue Login" I think it is probably safe to say this will allow you to bypass the queue and just enter into the game.

Now, as far as the game being flooded or not and if there will be a queue is pure conjecture and peronal opinion not factually relevant. Whether there will be a constnat queue or not I think it is safe to say that will remain unknown until 17-01. Noone can say either way, unless they can see the future and if so please let me know what the next MegaMillions Lottery numbers are. People can only give their opinions.

What does Priority Login have to do with things? Well everything. If you cannot log into the game to play it, everything you have in game is moot.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk
Well, given that it is termed "Priority Login" with priority meaning "taking precidence" and not "Pushed up the Queue Login" I think it is probably safe to say this will allow you to bypass the queue and just enter into the game.

Now, as far as the game being flooded or not and if there will be a queue is pure conjecture and peronal opinion not factually relevant. Whether there will be a constnat queue or not I think it is safe to say that will remain unknown until 17-01. Noone can say either way, unless they can see the future and if so please let me know what the next MegaMillions Lottery numbers are. People can only give their opinions.

What does Priority Login have to do with things? Well everything. If you cannot log into the game to play it, everything you have in game is moot.
That's not what Priority Login means. When server load becomes high, it begins to queue people before they can fully login. A silver account has to wait until additional resources are freed up by someone logging out. The Priority Login pushes a gold member in front of the line of silver. It does not mean the silver players do not get to play.

Seriously think about that for a moment; if silvers do not have priority login and using your logic that means they generally cannot login because of that, how is this game free-to-play exactly?
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
That's not what Priority Login means. When server load becomes high, it begins to queue people before they can fully login. A silver account has to wait until additional resources are freed up by someone logging out. The Priority Login pushes a gold member in front of the line of silver. It does not mean the silver players do not get to play.

Seriously think about that for a moment; if silvers do not have priority login and using your logic that means they generally cannot login because of that, how is this game free-to-play exactly?
Your logic seems to be flawed by contradicting yourself. You cannot say on one hand that silvers have to wait for resources to free up to login and then on the other say they will be unable to login when they are in the queue. Natuarlly, and logically, they will eventually move up the queue and enter the game.

I can see your point about Gold's beign "pushed up the queue" but honestly it would probably be wise for a dev to step in and explain how "Priority Login" will work rather than continue to conjecture. Following other games (i.e. DCUO) Legendary players bypass the queue with their "Priority Login".