Lt. Commander
# 11
01-08-2012, 11:05 AM
The last interview released that Stahl did before he left said it was held up for issues related to the Ground Changes in Season 4. http://12th-fleet.com/September2011 on page 9.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-08-2012, 01:36 PM
it bothers me that there has been a want of this item since most of the other preorder "exclusives" ended up in the C-store any way or for less than $5 for the DDE after a few months. There has been a lot of demand for this one as well as a lot of people that would love to get it either in game or through the C-store.

Honestly if i'd have known my Amazon "exclusive" would have hit the C-store two weeks into the game, i'd have gone to Target.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-08-2012, 08:14 PM
1. Steam did sell STO Digital Deluxe Edition (with the Body Armour) as recently as Jan 3rd 2012.
I know, I was one of the last ones to purchase this, just for this Body Armour.
Anyways, Steam seem to have taken off STO entirely from its website now, Steam don't sell STO anymore as far as I can tell.

Below Link (as provided by STO promoting Steam sale back in Dec'11) is now broken:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/901222

2. TR-116 Rifle.
(If anyone can help dig out this Developer's Reply back in Dec'11, pls help to do so--I tried looking for 10 minutes!).

Back in Dec'2011, developer reply on Frosty Boots why there was only 30-hour function after which the Frosty Boots is no longer functional but only for cosmetic purposes.
The Developer mentioned that to prevent unintended game exploits in which game maps were not designed for such game-changing items in mind, the Frosty Boots had only 30-hour function. The Developer also stated the example of the TR116 Rifle which can shoot through walls, as another example of such a potential exploit.

Unfortunately it does not sound like the TR-116 would be available into C-Store anytime soon.

Think of the bright side, Cryptic is still not 100% into P2W (Pay-To-Win), by refraining from selling the TR-116 on the C-Store. Just imagine what this would do in PvP ground combat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
...Stream and Target... The Body armor and the Rifle..
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Devs finally started giving us stuff that will lead to exploits. Honestly tho... MOST missions in this game are in a one player enviornment. Who cares if i can do a mission faster then intended. Who cares if i acedentaly trap myself cause im going too fast. Its my fault for doing this in a private area, It isnt like im going so fast, all the other players are suffering. Same with the TR116, i screw up a mission by killing the boss Early, again, Private instance! id say just disable the "Through Walls" feature in any area with mulytiple ppl (Deferi Invasion, but thats really the only open zone combat ingame... Not pvp related)
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nONLY_DRock
Apparently it's a decent Borg hunting weapon.
It most certainly is.

It's my Borgie go-to weapon for all my toons, but only my two Tacs are able to use it to its full potential. Properly buffed, it does *horrendous* damage to Borg. And they don't adapt to it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
Devs finally started giving us stuff that will lead to exploits. Honestly tho... MOST missions in this game are in a one player enviornment. Who cares if i can do a mission faster then intended. Who cares if i acedentaly trap myself cause im going too fast. Its my fault for doing this in a private area, It isnt like im going so fast, all the other players are suffering. Same with the TR116, i screw up a mission by killing the boss Early, again, Private instance! id say just disable the "Through Walls" feature in any area with mulytiple ppl (Deferi Invasion, but thats really the only open zone combat ingame... Not pvp related)
The 'Through Walls' feature of the TR-116 is already partially disabled, as this feature only works in RPG mode...