Lt. Commander
# 1 culling the heard
01-04-2012, 04:17 PM
I've got 70 out of 100 DOFFs and it time to start getting rid of the slackers. On tribble there was a mission to send DOFFs back to starfleet and it gave you XP and (I think) dilithium. But now, the only option I see is "dismiss"
Is the DOFF mission still around?

Also, to figure out which ones to get rid of, is there a way to see a mission history for each DOFF?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
I've got 70 out of 100 DOFFs and it time to start getting rid of the slackers. On tribble there was a mission to send DOFFs back to starfleet and it gave you XP and (I think) dilithium. But now, the only option I see is "dismiss"
Is the DOFF mission still around?

Also, to figure out which ones to get rid of, is there a way to see a mission history for each DOFF?
Actually, you get Recruitment Experience plus DILITHIUM when you dismiss a DOFF now, so the 'dismiss' mission is now redundent...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2012, 09:15 PM
I know this is old but wanted to comment.

Most of my characters are at their crew limit, so generally whenever I complete new crewmember missions I have to go through my list and weed out the duplicates and the low quality commons to make room. It does get a bit tedious.

Today I got a nice Rare on my Klingon characters. Most Klinks are probably familiar with the "Execute for Incompetence" mission, which is only a 1 man mission. Today for "Execute Mutineers" which was a 5 person mission and gave 179 Development XP. I don't remember how long it was maybe 2 hours I am thinking. I like this it saves a bit of time and grants more XP than doing it by hand. I wish that Starfleet would allow for a mass "return to starfleet" mission.

If I remember the Fed side mission on Tribble was only 1 or 2 officers, it would be nice to have a sort of "bulk return to sender" type mission these days.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2012, 11:17 AM
We've been looking into ways to upgrade the dismissal process, but there are some technical requirements that are delaying it a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
We've been looking into ways to upgrade the dismissal process, but there are some technical requirements that are delaying it a bit.
Does this "dismissal process" you mention only apply to DOffs, or will there be an upgrade for our excess Bridge Officers? I mostly mean, can we please get something for their removal?

If we jettison, uh I mean, retire, a DOffs they grant us Dil and CXP. It would be nice to get the same for BOs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Does this "dismissal process" you mention only apply to DOffs, or will there be an upgrade for our excess Bridge Officers? I mostly mean, can we please get something for their removal?

If we jettison, uh I mean, retire, a DOffs they grant us Dil and CXP. It would be nice to get the same for BOs.
The dismissal option is currently only for the duty officer system. We're aware of the over-abundance of bridge officers, but we haven't tackled that situation yet.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
The dismissal option is currently only for the duty officer system. We're aware of the over-abundance of bridge officers, but we haven't tackled that situation yet.
Perhaps something for the department head system.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Converting them into DOFF's of the same rarity would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
I the past (IE Pre sSeason 4); I seem to remember you saying one day Doffs would 'eat' Boffs (or was that the other way around?)
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-14-2012, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynKnight View Post
Converting them into DOFF's of the same rarity would be nice.
+1 for this solution.