Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
01-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post

All of which you'd know if you used the dev tracker.
Hey. Back off.

We're the STO universe. We make a point to help each other and point things out when people get lost or confused. We don't sit and judge and sound condescending. And make no mistake. that's exactly how your post came across.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
01-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitey_marvel
We're the STO universe.
We're an MMO community full of bile, vitriol, misdirected hatred, and downright under-bridge-dwelling creatures who love nothing more than to project our own lack of judgement onto the devs when we make poor decisions and/or speak in a dickish and condescending tone to the very people trying to improve the game, which in turn leads to a self-sustaining cycle of "devs won't come to the forum because everyone hates them, everyone hates on the devs that come to the forum."*

*The above is grossly exaggerated and not to be taken as a statement of fact.

Which isn't to say you're wrong, any half-decent community should be willing to help its members. Only the OP in this case asked a question he already knew the answer to in an attempt to be thought-provoking. Which I'm willing to admit is more just the fact it went clear over my head. I was never good with subtleties.

Also for some reason I just felt like being sarcastic. And STO is a prime environment these days for it, I'm sad to say.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
01-05-2012, 01:44 AM
Since this was not linked to here this is what the person actually in charge of making the ship has to say:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=837

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
Hey STO Players!

I have some news and updates on the status of our beloved KDF Flagship. Art news.

Good news is - VP of Product Development at CBS John VanCitters has approved several of our starship concepts for the Klingon Defense Force Flagship. Hooray!!
The three completed and approved designs look very cool, very Klingon, very "Battlecruiser". They are big, bad, and clearly a force to be reckoned with. The KDF Flagship will be a potent rival to the Federation's Enterprise F! The approved designs are awesome - three cheers to concept artist Chris Legaspi!


A shred of not-so-good news is that I have been unable to secure a players' choice vote for which starship concept will be THE winning design. Due to the impacted schedule of going Free-To-Play this month, and our 2 years anniversary approaching very quickly and a few executive decisions that are way over my pay-grade - the design stage will be done internally.


I'm anxious to make progress on the development of your new Flagship, and I'll keep the STO community updated as we move forward in the design process. Thank you all for your patience in this endeavor, and your understanding for my shortcomings on the vote.

Adam

edit* I would also like to note that this thread has given me immeasurable inspiration and advice, as well as a strong sense of what the community does want to see in this flagship. Your contributions in this thread will be kept in mind during the design process.
So we know what it will be.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
01-05-2012, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six-of-Nine
I already knew that too. I was trying to make a comment about the state of fed vs kdf. Not actually asking for information as much as point out the lack.
Well, you don't have to look very far for that.
KDF appearently does not deserve a ship to be featured on the main page nor profiles for their ships to be shown on the ship information page.
In fact the profiles that were there before launch were removed.

like this one:

http://www.warcry.com/news/view/8984...aptor-Revealed

IMO either because Cryptic was embarrased by the fact there is a second faction in this game or because otherwise people would have asked for more of those.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
01-05-2012, 01:55 AM
Introducing the new KDF flagship, the D-11. Codename: The Ha'Choo
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
01-05-2012, 01:56 AM
From Capt. Logans twitter:

Quote:
There's good news and bad news. Good news is - JVC and CBS have approved our KDF Flagship concepts and they're AWESOME!
Quote:
The bad news: due to F2P scheduling, time constraints, and some other internal issues, it looks like the vote won't happen.
Quote:
The good news still stands: KDF flagship concepts are approved, and the ship will not be a c-store ship.
That's the best you're gonna get...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
01-05-2012, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Introducing the new KDF flagship, the D-11. Codename: The Ha'Choo
Gesundheit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
01-05-2012, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitey_marvel
Hey. Back off.

We're the STO universe. We make a point to help each other and point things out when people get lost or confused. We don't sit and judge and sound condescending. And make no mistake. that's exactly how your post came across.
I guess some people just have to start trolling when people ask about KDF. Kind of sad (but expected) that players did not get any voice in about the KDF flagship but I'm sure CapnLogan will make it awesome.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
01-05-2012, 06:10 AM
source: https://twitter.com/#!/CapnLogan

---

CapnLogan Adm Williams ADAMW3D
@
@dan_bla We're short on time, f2p is coming, D'Angelo is against the vote, and the Ent-F was a horrific PR debacle for me to deal with.

---

CapnLogan Adm Williams ADAMW3D
@
@DJConcentus Right - not in a chance bag... i assume it will be unlocked through some sort of mission or achievement - tha'ts my best guess.

---

CapnLogan Adm Williams ADAMW3D
@
@Satans_Hell Precisely. It means that the designs that don't make the cut, I will eventually make as either variatns or stand-alone ships.

---

CapnLogan Adm Williams ADAMW3D
@
@DeyvID_KDF We talked this morning, and we like ALL the designs so much we want to eventually make them all.

---

CapnLogan Adm Williams ADAMW3D
The good news still stands: KDF flagship concepts are approved, and the ship will not be a c-store ship.

---

CapnLogan Adm Williams ADAMW3D
@
@TheSeacat I'd like to show all the concepts... but that'll probably only happen after the official release to keep the flames off me.

---

CapnLogan Adm Williams ADAMW3D
@
@willnevin Aye - Love me some KDF players. I'll still make them an awesome flagship to pwn FedNoobs with

---

CapnLogan Adm Williams ADAMW3D
@
@Captain_Revo hahaha yeah perhaps. I tried hard to make it happen, and still am trying. Meanwhile, the ship will be SEXY regardless.

---

CapnLogan Adm Williams ADAMW3D
@
@willnevin I tried to organize a players choice on the design. Several factors have now made this unlikely, and the choice may be internal.

---

CapnLogan Adm Williams ADAMW3D
@
@Havraha Indeed. There are several pre-approved designs... I think I'm going to combine our favorite elements of two of them in to one ship.

---

CapnLogan Adm Williams ADAMW3D
The bad news: due to F2P scheduling, time constraints, and some other internal issues, it looks like the vote won't happen.

---

CapnLogan Adm Williams ADAMW3D
There's good news and bad news. Good news is - JVC and CBS have approved our KDF Flagship concepts and they're AWESOME!

---




i hope this helps?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:14 AM.