Lt. Commander
# 31 HI!
01-06-2012, 01:18 PM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
I'd rather have hot sake, that stuff gets to you much faster.
98.6 degrees? Though I will substitute a good 20+ year single malt for beer any day.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-06-2012, 01:20 PM
dont play my fed much anymore but, when I do. I make klingons work for their kills. 1v5 I dont care. Ill try to survive it all as long as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduckie
dont play my fed much anymore but, when I do. I make klingons work for their kills. 1v5 I dont care. Ill try to survive it all as long as possible.
Agreed, it usually takes more than two to get a kill on me. hiccups have happened now and then, but arent common.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texus
Why oh why !!!! queue for a short time, in most cases a long time, to enter a pvp arena only to warp out after a few mins because you got blown up a few times or the match is not going your way, or you dont like who is on the other team?.

This is really starting to anoy me

To those of you who do this please read on why this in my humble opinion is BAD DOODOO....

1) You warp out and leave your team a man down.

2) It ruins the expierence for the PvP'ers that want to fight.

3) It ends up been no challenge to the team with a full squad against a team with less members than themselfs.

So your in a PuG team and you end up against a pre made (TSI, SOB, 300, SAD PANDAS, LaFam, 528, to name but a few) and you dont like it, who cares, use this as training, home your skills, use it as tanking practice, Its what I do and it makes me a better pvp'er for it.

We all know there is some nasty cheese consoles out there (and dam do I wish some had not been invented) but guess what... they are here so deal with them, learn from them they are here and theres nothing we can do about it. So if you get AM or SS or any other you dont agree with, dont just warp out, stick with it and think about what you can do to counter them or survive them, learn from it for next time.

me personaly... I would rather someone vent off in zone chat about their gripes so I can have a chuckle and have a bit of banter, rather than someone just warping out.

Rant over lol.

This is not ment to offend or upset anyone, just a bit of frustration.
Hope your all well
kljjkjkjljh
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-13-2012, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenanter
You will never improve with that attitude.

If you stay however you may improve, then maybe you'll get picked up by a PvP fleet, your mother might love you again, you'll get a girl friend , real friends that don't point and laugh , a fancy car , a magnificent house and the gods will come and talk to you at night and tell you their secrets.

All this could be yours if you stay and PvP
I totally disagree. I have stayed in a match with a premade v pug. It is not a learning experience. No one from the otherside gives any advice not do they even gg you and if they do its very rare. In fact i believe the opposite. How is it fun or even a challenge for a premade to queue and roll pugs? really? And I have never been invited to any "pvp fleet" and i pug all the time and consider myself a good player. So please...
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-13-2012, 07:55 AM
weren't you invited to Sad Pandas Mikey?
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey22805
I totally disagree. I have stayed in a match with a premade v pug. It is not a learning experience. No one from the otherside gives any advice not do they even gg you and if they do its very rare. In fact i believe the opposite. How is it fun or even a challenge for a premade to queue and roll pugs? really? And I have never been invited to any "pvp fleet" and i pug all the time and consider myself a good player. So please...
mikey! you are good. i think. idunno... you should start your own pvp fleet. ill join.

and werent you in SOB? and invited to pandas?

edit: looks like bot got that in before i did.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
I have stayed in a match with a premade v pug. It is not a learning experience.
There are premades and then there are premades. Fighting against one of the "smaller" premades can be a valuable learning experience and sometimes it can even lead to a victory of a pug over a premade and create immense joy among the pug players. But going up against one of the top tier premades (e.g. FS on the ground) is probably not going to give the individual player much room for learning because all too often it is instant death, so one cannot even practice heal/resist rotations or damage dealing strategies to improve one's abilities.

Quote:
No one from the otherside gives any advice not do they even gg you and if they do its very rare.
Especially the top tier premades are usually willing to provide help. But you have to ask for advice (I'm sure you know that mikey, I'm just stating it here for the interested non-OPVP reader). Otherwise something that is meant as genuine help can be misunderstood as a condescending "I'm better than you". Not every player wants to be told about how ability X instead of his Y could improve their build after losing a pvp match.

The "gg" (or lack thereof) after pug vs premade matches is a problem. Some players expect it and are upset when the premade remains quiet - on the other hand it seems to be more common that players get enraged and feel insulted when a premade "gg"s after a 15-0. I think the hate that more often than not followed a premade's "gg" in such premade vs pug matches is the main reason why some of the premade groups out there usually don't do it.

Quote:
How is it fun or even a challenge for a premade to queue and roll pugs?
It's not a challenge. But the few remaining premade groups are probably not here because of STO's great pvp balance and the challenging matches, but rather because they enjoy playing together with their friends (and cannot decide on a different game that the entire fleet wants to play).
I'd even play Minesweeper with Era, Linty & the others if that game had a multiplayer mode (and Era didn't prefer Pro Evolution Sweeper).
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
weren't you invited to Sad Pandas Mikey?
If he joins I would leave.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Ohhhh man. Anyone want to make a "Sad Mikeys" Fleet with me?