Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
01-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weststar.name
As someone who plays a lone escort in PvP often (as I am never in a pre-made group and generally people don't support escorts the way they're meant to), I have it tough. I am constantly getting blown up by superior numbers, but regardless - I don't leave PvP because I don't like what is happening.

I suggest one takes a page out of my book. There is more than one method to play the game, if a normal fight is out of the question, other alternatives are available.

You can annoy the other team by constantly moving out of their weapons range, forcing them to really work for a kill, additionally you can taunt them for taking 10 minutes to kill a little escort when there is five of their ships only targeting you - If you have other team members, this will keep their focus on you and you alone. They would rather go after you than capture points at this point.

You can provoke some of the people who hate not letting a kill get away by dragging them all around the map, while the rest of your team has less people to deal with to capture points. If you've got a cloaked ship, you can take a space pet with you and fly around your enemy, distract them from their goal as they try to bring you out of a cloak.

I'm sure others can come up with more ways of dealing with situations like this.
Actually, as far as escorts go, you should be moving with your group, not having them chase you. You really need to stay with your group and lend the heavier firepower for them. That could be why you are flying "lone" out there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
01-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
Actually, as far as escorts go, you should be moving with your group, not having them chase you. You really need to stay with your group and lend the heavier firepower for them. That could be why you are flying "lone" out there.
this.

get a buddy, have him fly a star cruiser. and then get another buddy, have him fly a sci.

stay close, cross heal, focus on target.

have fun kill bad guys

horizon
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
01-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
mikey! you are good. i think. idunno... you should start your own pvp fleet. ill join.

and werent you in SOB? and invited to pandas?

edit: looks like bot got that in before i did.
I was in SOB but left on my own accord for reasons we shall not state. And i was invited to SP probably as joke. I hate too mant players in that fleet to join. But I am in DOB now, I am happy I think.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
01-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
Lets not taunt the other players. Thats in poor taste.
Why? Taunting with your ship (not in zone chat - okay, occasional Chargeeee! is allowed) is OK imo.We are trying to have fun, why so serious? When im bugged in kerrat i just love to omega myself + impulse console and fly right trough fedball. while they spam tractors and shockwaves. Hilarious. About angry clowns, their tactics is pretty easy to break, once u survive their initial attack, they fall apart,as the most pug-mades. And about all beam defiant, i have to try that. Although, i think is boring.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
01-17-2012, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
Lets not taunt the other players. Thats in poor taste.
Why is it in poor taste? I find it a perfectly acceptable tactic, you taunt a player or players who will then follow you to the end of the world as your team takes points.

I have no ill feelings towards anyone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
01-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weststar.name
Why is it in poor taste? I find it a perfectly acceptable tactic, you taunt a player or players who will then follow you to the end of the world as your team takes points.

I have no ill feelings towards anyone.
Sun Tzu would be proud It's not only an acceptable tactic, it is a basic tenant of warfare. Provoke the enemy into making mistakes. It works.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
01-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texus
Why oh why !!!! queue for a short time, in most cases a long time, to enter a pvp arena only to warp out after a few mins because you got blown up a few times or the match is not going your way, or you dont like who is on the other team?.

This is really starting to anoy me

To those of you who do this please read on why this in my humble opinion is BAD DOODOO....

1) You warp out and leave your team a man down.

2) It ruins the expierence for the PvP'ers that want to fight.

3) It ends up been no challenge to the team with a full squad against a team with less members than themselfs.

So your in a PuG team and you end up against a pre made (TSI, SOB, 300, SAD PANDAS, LaFam, 528, to name but a few) and you dont like it, who cares, use this as training, home your skills, use it as tanking practice, Its what I do and it makes me a better pvp'er for it.

We all know there is some nasty cheese consoles out there (and dam do I wish some had not been invented) but guess what... they are here so deal with them, learn from them they are here and theres nothing we can do about it. So if you get AM or SS or any other you dont agree with, dont just warp out, stick with it and think about what you can do to counter them or survive them, learn from it for next time.

me personaly... I would rather someone vent off in zone chat about their gripes so I can have a chuckle and have a bit of banter, rather than someone just warping out.

Rant over lol.

This is not ment to offend or upset anyone, just a bit of frustration.
Hope your all well


I couldnt agree more. I just want to clarify that this has happened to me a couple of times because of a clitch in my keybinds causing me to transwarp. I have fixed the problem and than they moved the transwarp abilities.

I have been on both sides and I must say winning because the other team is down a man is no fun. And remember while it is good tanking practice it also pays the same, win or loose. Still get points, dilithium and sometime accolades.

BTW, maybe if we get more pvp involvement now with f2p we can get a separate q for the premades. Nothing against them, but i like pugging, its always a surprise.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
01-17-2012, 10:16 AM
I have no issues with taunting someone in PvP. Downright vulgararity and low-brow comments, I do not like.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
01-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I have no issues with taunting someone in PvP. Downright vulgararity and low-brow comments, I do not like.
I agree 100%.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
01-19-2012, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texus
Why oh why !!!! queue for a short time, in most cases a long time, to enter a pvp arena only to warp out after a few mins because you got blown up a few times or the match is not going your way, or you dont like who is on the other team?.

This is really starting to anoy me

To those of you who do this please read on why this in my humble opinion is BAD DOODOO....

1) You warp out and leave your team a man down.

2) It ruins the expierence for the PvP'ers that want to fight.

3) It ends up been no challenge to the team with a full squad against a team with less members than themselfs.

So your in a PuG team and you end up against a pre made (TSI, SOB, 300, SAD PANDAS, LaFam, 528, to name but a few) and you dont like it, who cares, use this as training, home your skills, use it as tanking practice, Its what I do and it makes me a better pvp'er for it.

We all know there is some nasty cheese consoles out there (and dam do I wish some had not been invented) but guess what... they are here so deal with them, learn from them they are here and theres nothing we can do about it. So if you get AM or SS or any other you dont agree with, dont just warp out, stick with it and think about what you can do to counter them or survive them, learn from it for next time.

me personaly... I would rather someone vent off in zone chat about their gripes so I can have a chuckle and have a bit of banter, rather than someone just warping out.

Rant over lol.

This is not ment to offend or upset anyone, just a bit of frustration.
Hope your all well
Icouldn't agree with you more. pvp quiters or imo just as annoying STF rage quiters. As some as the quiter leaves everyone loses. And the sad fact is these quiter believe they are to good to lose when the simple fact of the matter is they just have no idea now to play. I can give you a small example ( not star trek related btw ) i'm a ragulor pvper in star wars the old republic ( which i might add has a great pvp system..everything's balenced ) and how i was in a match today with my jedi sage and i had the to fight a sith acouple levels high then i was. at the end of the fight I was the last one standing. Finally there is NO SPAWN CAMPING...( Applause )
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:16 AM.