Lt. Commander
I've been doing the race with my 5 characters capable of doing it since day 1 of Q winters wonder land, and I've noticed two major issues:

1) The zone tries to force EVERYONE into one instance. This is a BIG problem with the timer for the race! I don't understand why this zone is different from other zones like Spacedock where it tires to spread people out as evenly as possible.
I find that I MUST switch instances to a less-crowded instance after I zone in so I can actually run the race! And I've noticed I'm not the only one doing this...

2) In the dozens, if not hundred times or so that I've run this race now, I've only ONCE received a red box! Is the drop rate for the red boxes in the race really that low???
The sad part is I got that red box the FIRST day and haven't seen one since I presume its just my bad luck, but I can't tell for sure.

Otherwise I just wanted to say how much I like this event, and my only other feedback would be to add a competitive race and add even more things to do in a zone like this cause its just so much fun
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Yes, fully agree with you. Last few days i have to switch instances everytime. When you can barely see the race co-ordinator, its slightly full.
I admit the red box drop rate is annoying. Would love to see the stats/odds on box drop rates(green blue red, not contents).
People are now using multiple characters religiously now just to have the one in (insert large number) chance of the jem bug ship!
Lt. Commander
# 3 Wonderland race probs
12-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Also my vulcan appears to have a head start because of my hold reistence
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-24-2011, 09:35 AM
I have 6 toons race eligible and have raced them every day since the start. I have never gotten a red box from racing and very few blues also. I do wish we could race other people though, even if just for fun. Instancing is a bit of a mess but there are a lot more important problems Cyrptic needs to tackle. Where's my Nano Edge Nausicaan Sword for example or Ferengi Energy Whip?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-24-2011, 09:45 AM
71 races and 5 or 6 blue boxes and no red boxes. Have not opened a single one.

I have the freedom to change instances anytime I want. I don't mind doing it manually.

You can race other people as long as you are truly happy to do it 'just for fun' (ie on the honor system with no game system to monitor disquals.

Peace.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-24-2011, 09:54 AM
there are 3 options that i see

1: the Math behind the Event is just BROKEN... i would really not be surprised anymore if that was the case.

2: they made the drop rates intentionally so bad that no one will get it, so we are all forced to buy the C-Store boxes to have a horrible chance at getting it

3: or maybe they only put a limited supply in the race every day... like 1 ship every day and maybe 20 Hortas or whatever.
so when we get to the race in the afternoon there is nothing left for us to win?

in case number 2+3 we would at least see a hand full of players that got their Jem Ship from the race...
i did not see any "YEAH I GOT IT!!!!" threads on the forum, did you?

did anybody hear of such a lucky person?

i got my Jem Ship from the C-Store boxes already... so i only run the race for the scarfs now...
i am just interested if there is an actual chance to win it with the race or if that is another intentional scam.

I also read that everybody got one red box in their first race and only green + blue afterwards.... that seems to be the common theme.

Which leads me to option 4:
they've put a certain supply in the race and it was all given away on day 1, but no daily refills so the race is all out of red boxes by now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Hm. I guess it's possible that my very first race (for my account -- def not each toon) was a red that turned into a blue or green and it was so uneventful that I just forgot. At any rate, I have not walked away with anything other than green box/blue box level rewards.

Meh.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-24-2011, 10:15 AM
At least the distribution for the regular items is pretty even so I should be able to get as many scarfs as I really care to get. Any that I don't get will mostly be my own fault for only running about (a little over) half as many races as I could have.

Meh.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
in case number 2+3 we would at least see a hand full of players that got their Jem Ship from the race...
i did not see any "YEAH I GOT IT!!!!" threads on the forum, did you?

did anybody hear of such a lucky person?
Ya, I saw someone say in Zone chat they got a Jem'hadar bug from the race... His THIRD one
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post

I also read that everybody got one red box in their first race and only green + blue afterwards.... that seems to be the common theme.
Love to know where you read this, I have NEVER gotten a red box in that race, 6 captains, every day, the maths sux... I have had 4 blues and the rest all green, which incidentally my BO's all have better weapons then these boxes drop...