Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Hi,
In this game there are a lot of weapons and I am confused about what type of weapons is better for my escort (until now I have used only cruisers), so the question: what type of weapons is better for my new ship? what in the front and what in the rear?

thanks
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Depends on what you want to accomplish with your escort. "Usual" layout would be based around dual (heavy) cannons and a torpedo in the front with turrets at the back.

Most infos on such topics over there: http://forums.startrekonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-29-2011, 04:35 PM
My personal setup:

Forward: 2x dual heavy cannons, dual beam bank, quantum torpedo
Aft: 2x turret, tricobalt torpedo

The dual beam bank is for beam overlaod, which combined with a torpedo can be pretty substantial burst damage. Cannons and turrets are the main source of DPS. The tricobalt torpedo is nice in STFs because of the number of important but unshielded targets, but in general PVE it's also a nice screw you to anything that survives the beam overload and high yield combo.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-30-2011, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
Depends on what you want to accomplish with your escort. "Usual" layout would be based around dual (heavy) cannons and a torpedo in the front with turrets at the back.

Most infos on such topics over there: http://forums.startrekonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218
Thanks, that thread was very interesting and usefull... but there is another question. my escort has 3 tactical officers, I have decided what abilities assign to each one but I have a doubt: is it usefull to have 3 officers with tactical team I?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-30-2011, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurialo
Thanks, that thread was very interesting and usefull... but there is another question. my escort has 3 tactical officers, I have decided what abilities assign to each one but I have a doubt: is it usefull to have 3 officers with tactical team I?
They will share a cooldown, but having more than one proves useful. That being said, I only ever had a max of 2.

Depending on your build (beams/cannons/torp setup) you may want to look at other offensive skills like Toepdo High Yield, Beam Overload (in the case of beams being equipped) etc....

I said it once before though, it's cool if you're just asking for advice, but the best part of the game is creating the Charcter/crew/ship/skillset YOU want to play with.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKEV
I said it once before though, it's cool if you're just asking for advice, but the best part of the game is creating the Charcter/crew/ship/skillset YOU want to play with.
So very true. For my own Promotheus which I recently converted to MVAM, I still use the default weapons layout for my weapons. The weapons are much better, but the layout is still the same. I know I'm not getting the most DPS I could be. But I like the iconic layout better.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-30-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurialo
Thanks, that thread was very interesting and usefull... but there is another question. my escort has 3 tactical officers, I have decided what abilities assign to each one but I have a doubt: is it usefull to have 3 officers with tactical team I?
There's no use for 3 officers with tac team. They all share the same cooldown. So the best setup is to have 2 copies of tac team. When you activate 1, it has a 30 sec cooldown, but your other officer will have a 15 sec cooldown. A third officer will also have the same 15 sec cooldown, so having 3 is a waste.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Well, all beams and torpedos is canon, but the Prometheus has the turn rate to wield dual heavy cannons in front with some turrets in the rear.

I usually find that you get nice DPS with 3 x dual heavy cannons, 1 torpedo, and three turrets in the rear.

You can use two tactical teams to keep your forward shield high and the turrets do damage without draining your weapon power. The one torpedo up front is for when you fire your dual heavies, then follow it up with a torpedo against the hull for those few seconds the shields are weak.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-30-2011, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
I usually find that you get nice DPS with 3 x dual heavy cannons, 1 torpedo, and three turrets in the rear.
Question, why do you prefer turrets over beams for the Aft part? Don't beams have more DPS? Or are you going for the turrets because of the 360 firing arc?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-30-2011, 10:28 PM
For the third tac ensign slot, consider Torp Spread I.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:13 AM.