Lt. Commander
# 21
01-05-2012, 09:17 AM
I can play STO. SWTOR is not released in my region, so STO is beter.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-05-2012, 09:24 AM
As I said in another thread, TOR is fun for now, but I don't see it lasting. I also don't care if it's still fun 6 months from now.

STO is not very fun right now, but I want it to be. I care about STO's continued existence and have aspirations for the game. This is not the case with TOR.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostspock View Post
I can play STO. SWTOR is not released in my region, so STO is beter.
Kudos! That is an impossible point to argue isn't it? Have you looked at TOR's site at all? Had you the choice, which would you choose?
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimtomisbehave
THIS! SWG earned every bit of ridicule thrown its way, but the Jump-to-Lightspeed expansion was amazing. MMO TIE-Fighter and Privateer bundled into an RPG.
By far the best expansion released for any MMO ever.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
By far the best expansion released for any MMO ever.
Right?! I miss my Vigo gunship so much.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
Have you looked at TOR's site at all? Had you the choice, which would you choose?
I know that no one asked me, personally, what I'd choose, but I have to say that with STO becoming F2P on the 17th (and already F2P for those who already subscribed once) I see no problem playing both STO and SWTOR.

As a gamer who loves his sci-fi more than his fantasy, I can't thank Cryptic and BioWare enough for bringing these two games out, and to Cryptic for making STO F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-05-2012, 09:33 AM
I would not say TOR is better, only that its different. The ONLY thing TOR has over sto right now is that it has SOMETHING to DO!
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
I know that no one asked me, personally, what I'd choose, but I have to say that with STO becoming F2P on the 17th (and already F2P for those who already subscribed once) I see no problem playing both STO and SWTOR.

As a gamer who loves his sci-fi more than his fantasy, I can't thank Cryptic and BioWare enough for bringing these two games out, and to Cryptic for making STO F2P.
QFT!

10 char
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post

I can relate to that, each universe has its strengths and weaknesses, but I like my fantasy such as Lord of the Rings too! Oh and flight simulations, and train ones (plus silent hunter 3 and 4)...I'm screwed lol.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
I would not say TOR is better, only that its different. The ONLY thing TOR has over sto right now is that it has SOMETHING to DO!
You don't consider doff assignments that make you wait up to 3 days for a simple die roll, or the same 6 STFs, or 8 pvp maps repeated ad nauseaum to be 'something to do'?
Closed Thread