Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videm
redshirt has been used an internal test server since beta by cryptic and likely will be returning to that purpse.
I don't know where people get this idea. LOL
Redshirt is a sometimes server, but we certainly can't and don't depend on it for our testing here.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Redshirt is a sometimes server, but we certainly can't and don't depend on it for our testing here.
Wasn't one of your internal test servers called Redshirt at some point? Most likely not the same hardware we have been using as Redshirt, the name was simply borrowed for referring to the second Public Test Server?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
It goes back to the original Foundry Closed beta of November/December 2010 (I'm sure you of all people remember those days ).

When we asked what 'Redshirt' was - the official answer was - "One of our internal test servers..."
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Is it just me or is RedShirt and Tribble gone? They don't appear on my launcher anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
Anyone who wants to get JC back after all this goading, drop on by our weekend pvp event!
2PM EST every Saturday and Sunday, organized via the chat channel "TFBB".
ROFL I'll be there. Are you sure your a toucan and not a well... don-khey?

rlly I ked
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
I didn't suggest it had to be bug free. However, we seemed to be plagued by way more bugs than the normal MMO and saying "way more" is understating it a lot.
Not really. Total over-exaggeration.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
Why do we need other test servers at all when you guys continue to use Holodeck as a test server?

Edit: I'd really love a straight forward answer to that. It's a question I'm sure a lot are interested in knowing the answer to.
Comments like this make me wonder why some people play MMO's to begin with. Its illogical to think that a massive game like an MMO can be changed or updated without sometime things going wrong. Do things sometimes take longer to fix than you would like yes that happens. But things are fixed as soon as they can make it happen. Just calm down play and enjoy yourself realize sometimes something may not be perfect but Ive never encountered a game breaking bug that prevented me from playing and enjoying myself. I have 19 toons and have played since Beta so surely I would have by now if there was one to be had.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjik View Post
Not really. Total over-exaggeration.
I disagree! Some of you are just way too easy to please!
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWard1701 View Post
Wasn't one of your internal test servers called Redshirt at some point? Most likely not the same hardware we have been using as Redshirt, the name was simply borrowed for referring to the second Public Test Server?

think that was tribble before the f2p build surfaced
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-07-2012, 12:20 AM
Quote:
As I recall it was mentioned that RedShirt was the secret, invite only, internal test shard of STO on an early episode of STOked. It was also mentioned that players who contribute tons to testing on Tribble, and really good useful ideas for the game in general, could and did get invited to help test on the RedShirt hidden shard.

Sorry if I threw you under the bus J-Man. *must find camo to help mitigate potential know-it-all faux paux*

I think I remember DStahl alluding to that much in the past as well...

But as one of the QA folks back then you would know far better than I. I'm just saying where I got the notion from... *best Tommy Flanagan impersonation* Yeah that's the ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerayu
think that was tribble before the f2p build surfaced
Tribble has always been the public test server.
Closed Thread