Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Now....they changed their minds??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Hi Captains,

Maintenance is now complete and RedShirt is offline. The team has decided to leave Tribble in its current form, for now -- there are no longer going to be any character or UGC wipes, and the test C-Store will remain online.

Thanks for your patience and happy Tribbleing!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueWarper
Now....they changed their minds??
I suppose if you think about it, it makes an element of sense to keep a population of characters that were built *for* the test server, as it lets them trouble shoot the current builds more effectively based on a completely isolated, build-specific data.

Copying characters from the main server might bring with it 'legacy' issues from Pre-F2P, depending on what those characters have done over their lifetimes.

...Of course, I'm talking out my butt here to some extent. Just speculating.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Hey, request.

No objection to wiping the servers - that's all fine and good.

But what about you actually make an event of it? Can we get a B'Ger invasion on Earth and Qo'nos? Can we destroy those 'alternate universes' in a proper Trek way?
That would be cool, like what they did at the end of the oriignal STO beta
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Quote:
I suppose if you think about it, it makes an element of sense to keep a population of characters that were built *for* the test server, as it lets them trouble shoot the current builds more effectively based on a completely isolated, build-specific data.

Copying characters from the main server might bring with it 'legacy' issues from Pre-F2P, depending on what those characters have done over their lifetimes.

Yeah I think this was done to allow the continuation of the two primary testing modes:

The first kind of testing is "middle-end" testing: testing of new-new features such as differences you see during progression or level-locked differences; testing character progression, mission playthroughs, etc.. The second kind of testing is sort of end-user testing: as in I want to see what effect changing [foo] has on my character; this is the one where you take your holodeck build and import it into tribble so you can take advaantage of cheap respecs and other things.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-09-2012, 11:32 PM
But...I discharge the Test Persona. Ya hear me...DISCHARGED!!!

Oh...the humanity.

Quote:

Lt. Commander
# 26
01-10-2012, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Hi Captains,

Maintenance is now complete and RedShirt is offline. The team has decided to leave Tribble in its current form, for now -- there are no longer going to be any character or UGC wipes, and the test C-Store will remain online.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Fascinating! *Raises eyebrow*

Due to the original post, I spent 15 hours on the 8th copying over my Tribble mission (see sig) which started as a test mission and ended up being pretty cool, it had to be kept and not destroyed. I also spread the word to others about the wipe and spent another 10 hour or so QA testing my own mission and making minor adjustments.

NOW thanks to you the KDF have another really good mission to play on Holodeck, I really can't believe this, how could you! lol

Kinda glad to hear the news though, I like me Tribble toons.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-10-2012, 04:01 AM
Personally, I think the wipe is necessary! It's a test server and it's used to track down, eliminate, and troubleshoot bugs. With the many running wild on both Tribble and Holodeck, a fresh build might be a good way to get started on fixing things like the crackling audio, PvP crashing, 3 second PvP scoreboards, toilet flushing sounds, DX11 texture dispaying issue (there are many of these), just to name a few.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-10-2012, 04:07 AM
Quote:
the test C-Store will remain online.
if the C-Store remains as is on Tribble, how about you give us 9999999999 test C-Points, so we can TEST new C-Store items?

The C-Store is still missing a "try before buy" function.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Wich File map can i delete i got 3 Live, Beta and Playtest

NVM i found out myself that you can Delete the Beta file map
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
But that still doesn't answer the question, did Redshirt truly die in a fashion worthy of its name?