Lt. Commander
# 1 Free to play, eh?
01-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Hmmm. Guess I'll give it another go. I haven't paid any attention at all to what's been going on in this game since April of 2010. How has the game changed, both for the better and for the worse? Are there a lot of people playing?

Oh.. and hello, forum dwellers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
Hmmm. Guess I'll give it another go. I haven't paid any attention at all to what's been going on in this game since April of 2010. How has the game changed, both for the better and for the worse? Are there a lot of people playing?

Hi again, you're in for a surprise, a lot's changed, the new Featured Episodes are a pretty good addition, the DOff system is the best thing in here at the moment. The foundry content is pretty good too, well worth a look. Downsides are that crafting is pretty much worthless now that you have to pay for certain crafting materials with dilithium, better just to save up energy credits and buy from the exchange IMO
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:

Wow. Since May of 2010?

Yeah. I'd focus on the Duty Officer system and Featured Episodes. (Specifically, the 5 Deferi/Breen missions, the 5 Devidian missions, and the 5 new Romulan missions.)

Also, check out the event calendar for hourly events and whatnot.

And, of course, the Foundry, which is player authored content. I'm promoting mylatest one in my sig. Starbaseugc.com is a great community resource for that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Sounds cool. I'm actually kind of excited. Too bad it's going to take another 3 hours or so to download.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Yes, I do actually wish they would have allowed the client to be downloaded and updated without an active account.

I came back a month ago and well, got addicted. KDF side is different, but I actually agree with Cryptic with having them start at a higher level for now (and hope they have their beginning game worked on and bought up to standard before release).

Don't want to say too much, it would spoil some of the excitement of re-discovery.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Sounds cool. I'm actually kind of excited. Too bad it's going to take another 3 hours or so to download.
I would put some money down on a long patch up too... lol

One of the first things you will notice when you do finish, and login one of your old toons, is the skills respec. The skill tree was revamp, shortened, simplified, made better.

My personal suggestion, would be if you have an open character slot still (cross fingers) start a new character and enjoy the new Tutorial mission also. So you can learn all about 'Shooter Mode'.

Ground combat is also much quicker than it was oh so long ago.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-05-2012, 02:44 PM
If a gold player skips or otherwise misses the day to renew the suscription, do they become a silver player automatically, or do they have to download the game all over again?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schipani
If a gold player skips or otherwise misses the day to renew the suscription, do they become a silver player automatically, or do they have to download the game all over again?
It's automatic. The download doesn't care - like most MMO clients you can log into any account from any computer with it installed.