Lt. Commander
# 21
01-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Jumping in to wish everyone a warm welcome back.

Don't listen to hype from either side. Try it for yourself and see how much has changed.
Agreed.

It's free to play! Give it a run, see if you like it again, leave feedback! If it's not to your liking, try again sometime later, and if you like it, play it! =)
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-05-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm back too!
I have stopped playing around the end of September, a lot of things are different now, need to get used to the dilithium, duty officers, torp spreads..
And also.. PvP! My favourite part of the game.

See you guys around
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-05-2012, 11:44 PM
So.... considering I already asked this in my own post.... I will do so again here since no one seems to want to answer my question:

How do I download the game if the downloader is stuck at not downloading the game? I got no problems playing champions online or downloading that game.... however this game I can't seem to download. Does this game have some sort of download limitation to only being downloadable inside the U.S? I'm currently living in Egypt.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the WB ... What happened to the T3 Excelsior?
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Is this why I haven't been able to get onto STO for 2 days...maintenance every other sec, or load times that say I time out or was afk for too long....hell I'm just trying to do the very dissapointing wonderladn race to get the typical green boxes a few more times before the event ends..
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobogon
Thanks for the WB ... What happened to the T3 Excelsior?
It's a C-Store item now. They ripped out in-game methods of obtaining any ships that were originally planned as C-Store ships now that C-Points can be bartered for in game.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Ha, it wasn't exactly a warm welcome. So many grumpy people in STFs and Defera. :p

Using CP for respecs was a big turn-off, but I've reached a point where I don't see myself tinkering with my skills much, and if really needed I can grind for weeks and trade for CP anyway. Loss of playing foundry missions was kind of lame, but I didn't really play foundry missions much to begin with, so no big loss.

As happy as I am being able to keep everything I've earned as a subscriber (and receiving bonus rewards when logging in), I couldn't help but feel a sense of desperation from Cryptic as I observed the F2P changes. I think this game still has a future ahead of it, but it probably will be nothing beyond mediocre.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Glad to be back. Now I can get started on refining Dilithium so I can get those Mark XII upgrades.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Not entirely true, I guess. I owned STO at launch but am still not allowed back in for this "early access" :|
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
It'd be interesting to see just how many free-loaders there are already. I doubt we'll hear any honest stats though...
this is now a free to play game. there are no 'freeloaders'

Quote:
Don't listen to hype from either side. Try it for yourself and see how much has changed.
hint: most of what people are angry about at this point is not hype

Quote:
It's a C-Store item now. They ripped out in-game methods of obtaining any ships that were originally planned as C-Store ships now that C-Points can be bartered for in game.
you forgot to mention the part where we were explicitly lied to about it

frankly I find it extremely unlikely that cryptic is going to get anywhere near the free to play numbers they think they will get. this head start won't change that.