Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Gal-X STF Build Help
01-02-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm an Engineer trying to set up my Gal-X with the optimal weapon loadouts for my BO power setup. I use AP energy weapons primarily and QT for occasional spike damage. At the moment this is what I've been using.

Forward: 3x AP Beam Arrays, 1 QT (All crafted purple Mk XI)
Aft: Ditto
Borg Deflector
Borg Engine
Borg Shield
Eng Consoles: 3 Neutronium Alloy Mk XI (Blue) - Field Generator Mk XI
Sci Consoles: Cloak - Borg Console
Tac Consoles: 3 AP Mag Regulator (Crafted Mk XI)

And my BO power setup is as follows.

Ens Tac: BFAW1
Lt Tac: BFAW1 - High Yield Torp 2/Torp Spread 2 (Alternating)
Cmdr Eng: EPtS1 - APtSIF1 - APtID2 - EWP3
LtCmdr Eng: EPtS1 - ET2 - RSP2
Lt Sci: HE1 - ST2

My dilemma is what to swap in for a little more focused DPS. I contemplated changing to 3 AP DBBs, then I thought about 2 DBBs and a AP DC/DHC. While for torpedoes I thought about getting an Anti-Borg Photon or Quantum. I don't have a big issue with bringing my arcs to bear thanks to Evasive and AP2ID for a serious turning rate buff (at 25% to 50% throttle) so if anyone has suggestions on what to dress this fat whale up with, I'd like to know.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethoir
I'm an Engineer trying to set up my Gal-X with the optimal weapon loadouts for my BO power setup. I use AP energy weapons primarily and QT for occasional spike damage. At the moment this is what I've been using.

Forward: 3x AP Beam Arrays, 1 QT (All crafted purple Mk XI)
Aft: Ditto
Borg Deflector
Borg Engine
Borg Shield
Eng Consoles: 3 Neutronium Alloy Mk XI (Blue) - Field Generator Mk XI
Sci Consoles: Cloak - Borg Console
Tac Consoles: 3 AP Mag Regulator (Crafted Mk XI)

And my BO power setup is as follows.

Ens Tac: BFAW1
Lt Tac: BFAW1 - High Yield Torp 2/Torp Spread 2 (Alternating)
Cmdr Eng: EPtS1 - APtSIF1 - APtID2 - EWP3
LtCmdr Eng: EPtS1 - ET2
Lt Sci: HE1 - ST2

My dilemma is what to swap in for a little more focused DPS. I contemplated changing to 3 AP DBBs, then I thought about 2 DBBs and a AP DC/DHC. While for torpedoes I thought about getting an Anti-Borg Photon or Quantum. I don't have a big issue with bringing my arcs to bear thanks to Evasive and AP2ID for a serious turning rate buff (at 25% to 50% throttle) so if anyone has suggestions on what to dress this fat whale up with, I'd like to know.
First, swap out one of the BFAW1's for Tactical Team 1.
Its a "Must Have" power for fighting Borg period as it not only helps keep your shields up, but also removes boarding parties that reset the global CD on most of your powers.

Also swap your ST2 for HE2 and HE1 for ST1.
Borg rip through shields easily and your best bet is to Hull Tank then, thats where HE2 is better, plus Hazard Emitters can clean off Shield Neutralizers and thus give the greater benefit.
Science Team's usefulness is really only on one area, and that is to prevent the Tachyon Beams the Borg use from draining your shields, so you might want to consider getting rid of it alltogether and go for Polarize Hull 1, which lets you break free of tractor beams as well as giving you extra damage resistance for its duration.

For your engineer powers i HIGHLY recommend you get an RSP in there as well as Aux to Sif 2 or even 3.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
First, swap out one of the BFAW1's for Tactical Team 1.
Its a "Must Have" power for fighting Borg period as it not only helps keep your shields up, but also removes boarding parties that reset the global CD on most of your powers.

Also swap your ST2 for HE2 and HE1 for ST1.
Borg rip through shields easily and your best bet is to Hull Tank then, thats where HE2 is better, plus Hazard Emitters can clean off Shield Neutralizers and thus give the greater benefit.
Science Team's usefulness is really only on one area, and that is to prevent the Tachyon Beams the Borg use from draining your shields, so you might want to consider getting rid of it alltogether and go for Polarize Hull 1, which lets you break free of tractor beams as well as giving you extra damage resistance for its duration.

For your engineer powers i HIGHLY recommend you get an RSP in there as well as Aux to Sif 2 or even 3.
Yeah I forgot to put that in there, but I have access to RSP2 in the LtCmdr Eng slot.

However, if I get A2SIF2 (or 3) I will either lose access to A2ID (the turn rate buff) or EWP3 (Crowd Control). The former would have me completely dependent on Evasive Maneuvers while the Latter would require some creative thinking (the Assimilated TB counts but it has a 4 minute cooldown) to keep the target(s) in arc long enough to be killed.

So while I wait for feedback on that, I'll fish around for my alt BO's with TT1 and slap that into the Ens Tac slot.

Thanks for the tips. But how do I stand in the weapon angle. Is what I got fine or should I switch up to DBBs and/or DHC's for forward DPS? I'm okay with what I got in the rear.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethoir
Yeah I forgot to put that in there, but I have access to RSP2 in the LtCmdr Eng slot.

However, if I get A2SIF2 (or 3) I will either lose access to A2ID (the turn rate buff) or EWP3 (Crowd Control). The former would have me completely dependent on Evasive Maneuvers while the Latter would require some creative thinking (the Assimilated TB counts but it has a 4 minute cooldown) to keep the target(s) in arc long enough to be killed.

So while I wait for feedback on that, I'll fish around for my alt BO's with TT1 and slap that into the Ens Tac slot.

Thanks for the tips. But how do I stand in the weapon angle. Is what I got fine or should I switch up to DBBs and/or DHC's for forward DPS? I'm okay with what I got in the rear.
I would also like to throw in my 2 cents. First you want Aux to sif 3, Secondly forget the aud 2 Dampeners Dreadnought are slow period that ability isn't going to make a dent when you have tractor beams galore on your ship. Also Emergency power to shields 3 not weapons 3 when your weapons are at 100+ they don't mean diddly when you have no shields and 10% hull. tank with the borg. Hull tanks is a must Shield tank if you can.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Enterprise_J
I would also like to throw in my 2 cents. First you want Aux to sif 3, Secondly forget the aud 2 Dampeners Dreadnought are slow period that ability isn't going to make a dent when you have tractor beams galore on your ship. Also Emergency power to shields 3 not weapons 3 when your weapons are at 100+ they don't mean diddly when you have no shields and 10% hull. tank with the borg. Hull tanks is a must Shield tank if you can.
Tractor Beams? The only Tractor Beam I have is from my borg set and it has a 4 minute cooldown. :p So I have to do something to bring those pesky borg in arc while that Borg TB of mine is still in cooldown. Any suggestions?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethoir
Tractor Beams? The only Tractor Beam I have is from my borg set and it has a 4 minute cooldown. :p So I have to do something to bring those pesky borg in arc while that Borg TB of mine is still in cooldown. Any suggestions?
He was referring to the ones the Borg throw at you like candy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Okay I replaced BO1 on one of my idle Tac Boffs with TT1. Gonna see what I can squeeze for EPtS2 (or 3) and that APtSIF. May have to buy more BO slots next month and bring in two new eng Boffs to do this.

Edit: Assuming Cryptic doesn't move ahead with this hair-brained forced split of space and ground skills. I'm in the camp that sees the forced skill point spending caps of 75/25 as a nerf to my space-focused build. I don't give a rat's behind if its supposed to make me more survivable in ground missions, I do fine as is on the ground. -- Besides, the skill split isn't the topic of this thread.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-05-2012, 09:12 AM
If i were you I would change my weapons to Phasers so you can ge the most out of the Spinal Lance (If you are not using the lance to its full effect you may aswell be in another Cruiser as they are actually slightly better)

Then change the Fore and Aft to the following all from DS9 with the Borg Modifier, If you do not have enough Rares / EDC's / Prototype then swap out for the equivilent MK XI (Purple)

Fore: 3 x Single Phaser Cannon - 1 x QT
Aft : 3 x Phaser Turret - 1 x Tricobalt (Or another QT)

Make sure you Stack Phaser Relays (+26%)

Guanatee you will do far more damage and be mnore efficient.

Also try to get a Satter volley or rapid fire onto one of your Tact Boffs.

Also get rid of the cloak, it is a waste of time when using in STF's. Switch it out for Haxard Emiiters Console.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by You_Died_Lol
If i were you I would change my weapons to Phasers so you can ge the most out of the Spinal Lance (If you are not using the lance to its full effect you may aswell be in another Cruiser as they are actually slightly better)

Then change the Fore and Aft to the following all from DS9 with the Borg Modifier, If you do not have enough Rares / EDC's / Prototype then swap out for the equivilent MK XI (Purple)

Fore: 3 x Single Phaser Cannon - 1 x QT
Aft : 3 x Phaser Turret - 1 x Tricobalt (Or another QT)

Make sure you Stack Phaser Relays (+26%)

Guanatee you will do far more damage and be mnore efficient.

Also try to get a Satter volley or rapid fire onto one of your Tact Boffs.

Also get rid of the cloak, it is a waste of time when using in STF's. Switch it out for Haxard Emiiters Console.
As for PvE I would even go for dual heavies at the front, much more punch and it's not like borg would outmaneuver you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Can't afford Phaser Relays off the exchange. People are always overpricing them like mad and Needing even the green Mk X's in STFs (I'd want blue or purple Mk XI's anyway). There's always crafting but I don't think I could handle the dilithium costs (that move to dilithium crafting sucks).

But I did collect a large amount of salvage so I could get some Mk XI [Borg] procs. Especially for torpedos.

Next part of the topic. Borg/Aegis/Breen/Maco/Omega - Which is more productive for something like the Gal-X (Or for that matter any 'DPS' cruiser like Excelsior)?

EDIT: Freaking Cryptic pushed the Ground Skill garbage on Holodeck. My build is so totally FUBAR its not funny. This just became much more freaking complicated.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:54 AM.