Lt. Commander
# 11
01-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Ignore it, the number is just for level reference for the newer players, it's not like NPC's are going to start referring to you as Vice Admiral 50 from now on.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-05-2012, 08:26 PM
I'd go one further and make it "Security Level 50" with the ranks detached and entirely optional.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I'd go one further and make it "Security Level 50" with the ranks detached and entirely optional.
I was about to chime in with that in response to one of the other posts but you beat me to it :/

Nothing about how the game works with tiers etc needs to change for the sake of a bit more immersion. I do what I can with titles and uniform options ot display my rank as Captain but as far as the game is concerned, I should be sat behind a desk.

But hey, how are they supposed to make money off that?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-05-2012, 09:48 PM
So what is the deal, I repeced today with my VA and I wasn't able to reach the max points in space and ground, I then look up and realize that the XP bar is not pegged to the right in the white area. So I guess we have to get more skill points to reach max? That doesn't seem right. Any character at VA should have been given the max amount possible for skill points.

They are finding new and creative ways to irk people who have played for a while!
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
Honestly it should be "50 - Vice Admiral". This is much clearer. The format should simply be "## - Rank".
I like this. I agree...
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MECHTECH09 View Post
So what is the deal, I repeced today with my VA and I wasn't able to reach the max points in space and ground, I then look up and realize that the XP bar is not pegged to the right in the white area. So I guess we have to get more skill points to reach max? That doesn't seem right. Any character at VA should have been given the max amount possible for skill points.

They are finding new and creative ways to irk people who have played for a while!
I'm not sure that's correct. I remember reading the tribble posts on this and you should not have to do anything at all. You're not able to reach max points in space or ground because it's simply not possible. It wasn't possible under the old system either.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty_Eyes View Post
Hey,
I am a Vice Admiral, not a Number!

Remove the number on the upper left, thats disgusting!

annoyed
TE
Ummm, where the hell have you been. This subject has already been discussed ad infinitium...Like a previous poster above me. I'm not sure if you are joking or not?!
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard454 View Post
Ummm, where the hell have you been. This subject has already been discussed ad infinitium...Like a previous poster above me. I'm not sure if you are joking or not?!
Ummmm. Just, wow.

Also, I'm starting to think the phrase "ad infinitum" is being overused on the STO threads. Anyone else notice that as well?
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
Honestly it should be "50 - Vice Admiral". This is much clearer. The format should simply be "## - Rank".
Aye, I would prefer this, call it a compromise. The current display offends me... Period.

Quote:
Ummm, where the hell have you been.
Just didn't play for two weeks...

Quote:
This subject has already been discussed ad infinitium...Like a previous poster above me. I'm not sure if you are joking or not?!
Too bad I missed that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
the language in your OP is pretty harsh
I am sorry, but English is not my first language and I don't say "thank you" to the bus driver, also.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
Ummmm. Just, wow.

Also, I'm starting to think the phrase "ad infinitum" is being overused on the STO threads. Anyone else notice that as well?
I was using it before it was cool, all the time, ad nausium in fact