Lt. Commander
# 21
01-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty_Eyes View Post

I am sorry, but English is not my first language and I don't say "thank you" to the bus driver, also.
Gotcha, I totally get not liking something, it just sounded like you were sitting in the corner of a dark room, sharpening knives.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-06-2012, 09:01 AM
This change is a sign what Cryptic thinks of their future F2P customer base.

It isn't exactly a compliment...
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
Gotcha, I totally get not liking something, it just sounded like you were sitting in the corner of a dark room, sharpening knives.
He he, I was really ****ed off yesterday. You guess right, maybe...
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
Ummmm. Just, wow.

Also, I'm starting to think the phrase "ad infinitum" is being overused on the STO threads. Anyone else notice that as well?
I have noticed that the phrases ad infinitum and ad naseum have been used gratuitously as a way for people to practice rhetorical nonsense on here. I hereby declare that I am so flabbergasted by such hub bub that I believe this new practice is becoming a bugaboo for me.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longasc
This change is a sign what Cryptic thinks of their future F2P customer base.

It isn't exactly a compliment...
Convert STO to an Asia-Grinder (dunno if this term is known in english)?
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Convert STO to an Asia-Grinder (dunno if this term is known in english)?
It might not be known to us, but we understand it perfectly.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Remove the number on the upper left, thats disgusting!
I just put a little piece of masking tape over the little "50" in the top left corner of my screen so now it reads "Vice Admiral". This fix will work fine unless you change screen settings. Then I would suggest you get a larger or smaller piece of masking tape and move it to the appropriate place on your screen. Don't do what I did by using that WIDE masking take because I now can't see who I am teamed with.

Don't forget to update this "stealth device" at least once a month because a combination of the static (created from your monitor) and the glues will affect your sanity.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Bailey
I just put a little piece of masking tape over the little "50" in the top left corner of my screen so now it reads "Vice Admiral". This fix will work fine unless you change screen settings. Then I would suggest you get a larger or smaller piece of masking tape and move it to the appropriate place on your screen. Don't do what I did by using that WIDE masking take because I now can't see who I am teamed with.

Don't forget to update this "stealth device" at least once a month because a combination of the static (created from your monitor) and the glues will affect your sanity.
Dude, I have this glow in the dark masking tape that lets me see stuff I write on the tape in dim light perfectly. I can't wait to use it to cover up the Level 50 that appears in the top left corner! Great idea!
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
according to a dev post a while back when they were about to start testing on tribble, the number is to make your rank clearer for those who are not familiar with a military rank structure.
The confusion issue that this addresses is more apparent at the lower levels then at VA... (Trivia: who was more advance, a Lt. 13 or a Lt.Cmdr 1 ???)
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
The confusion issue that this addresses is more apparent at the lower levels then at VA... (Trivia: who was more advance, a Lt. 13 or a Lt.Cmdr 1 ???)
Cannot compute....parameters out of synch....must recalibrate....system cannot compute...warning...self destruct sequence initiated.