Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Tweaks for the Tal'kyr
01-05-2012, 05:26 PM
With the Varanus now upgraded the D'Kyr's pet Support Craft is looking a little weak. Its healing abilities are pretty solid but with some AI tweaks it could be made a lot more useful than it currently is.

Upgrades|

Defensive Fire not Offensive Fire: It is neat that this ship has its little pop gun but honestly that plasma turret is USELESS against most real ships. I do not see a reason to make it stronger either. What I think would be better though is for the Tal'Kyr to ONLY shoot at Destroyable Torpedoes, Mines, and Fighter Craft. It should not bother shooting anything else. This would help it "Support" the craft it was healing while not drawing aggro from bigger ships that will just annihilate it which is what its little turret currently does.


Targeted Assistance: It would be very useful if going to Full Impulse did not unlock it from another player when you released it for them. Better yet though would be an option to command it like a Carrier commands their Pets. Be able to give the command at any time to go follow/support whatever vessel you like or call it back to you.



Just those two tweaks alone would make the Tal'Kyr a lot more useful without having to touch its stats at all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Is the Tal'Kyr a new Fed ship?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Is the Tal'Kyr a new Fed ship?
No, the Tal'Kyr is the support craft that is docked inside the D'Kyr science vessel. You launch it almost like a BoP from a carrier except it has a more serious animation. It follows you or a friend around and heals them both Hull and Shield. It can also be flown separately as a "small craft" (despite being as big as the first tier ships LOL).

You will see me pull it in at the end of this vid (Was having it heal the Star Drive section of a Galaxy R, it is also what is shooting the enemy flag ship when it appears ... -.- ): D'kyr Devastation
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-06-2012, 07:58 AM
The OP is correct. The Tal'Kyr should be commandable with the same command buttons as the KDF gets for their carriers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulot View Post
The OP is correct. The Tal'Kyr should be commandable with the same command buttons as the KDF gets for their carriers.
Especially since it's the only 'combat pet' that the Feds have.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviKerensky View Post
Especially since it's the only 'combat pet' that the Feds have.
Multivector AE has 2 combat pets when in multivector mode. They would also be more useful with a few basic commands for them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher_Chase
Multivector AE has 2 combat pets when in multivector mode. They would also be more useful with a few basic commands for them.
True. I should have thought of that, considering I have the MVAE.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
No, the Tal'Kyr is the support craft that is docked inside the D'Kyr science vessel. You launch it almost like a BoP from a carrier except it has a more serious animation. It follows you or a friend around and heals them both Hull and Shield. It can also be flown separately as a "small craft" (despite being as big as the first tier ships LOL).

You will see me pull it in at the end of this vid (Was having it heal the Star Drive section of a Galaxy R, it is also what is shooting the enemy flag ship when it appears ... -.- ): D'kyr Devastation

Does it help to have an SIF generator in the D'Kyr for when the Tal'Kyr is at work?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollywog View Post
Does it help to have an SIF generator in the D'Kyr for when the Tal'Kyr is at work?
Not that I have noticed but its heals are not half bad so long as it does not get itself killed by aggroing the wrong things with its itchy trigger finger. It also hurts that it is very hard to loan to others. Part of the coolness of the D'kyr is that you can in theory let another ship benefit from the Tal'Kyr's heals while you focus on crippling enemies. This means you can be support in two ways instead of one.

Another showing of the D'Kyr with a little emphasis on my Tal'Kyr: Satalite Repair is Hard Work
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Really wish we COULD issue commands like the Klingon deployables. I adore the D'Kyr and Tal'Kyr, and this would make them useful in more challenging scenarios.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:53 AM.