Lt. Commander
Defiant, BoP, and Sovereign. All decked with what at the time was max-level gear. (Mk XI I believe). Same with my BO's.

STO was my first MMO. Refunded my LTS when I realized what little content there was. Came back 6 months later, then rage-quit after 2.5 weeks. To ensure I'd never come back, I deleted all my characters!!!

Now, here I am.

"taH pagh, taH be'" To play... or not to play? That is the question! (or to first finish out the 30 days of TOR, then come here?)

I've noticed I'm much more forgiving of an MMO when I'm not constantly paying for it.

ps. bah, what am I talking about? IF I were to come back, I'd want to start fresh anyhow (watch me re-create my ships/characters exactly as they were before LOL)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-06-2012, 02:16 AM
Well you will still have any cstore unlocks you might have purchased and/or veteran rewards you might have earned.

Its not all that bad making a new character from scratch right now. In some ways, it can be exciting. See you out there!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-06-2012, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArykGrev View Post
STO was my first MMO. Refunded my LTS when I realized what little content there was.
You mean I could have gotten a refund for both my LIFER accounts - I thought all virtual transactions were final?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-06-2012, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
You mean I could have gotten a refund for both my LIFER accounts - I thought all virtual transactions were final?
Before 30 days have passed yes... It has been like this from day one...
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-06-2012, 02:28 AM
I was actually gonna log in and see how much has changed. I'd literally forgot that I'd deleted my toons til today, HA HA! Ugh.

I was bi-polar playing STO. Completely in love with it sometimes, in a maniacal rage at others.

STO used to give me Bendii Syndrome. Hopefully no longer.

Lt. Commander
# 6
01-06-2012, 02:48 AM
With all the F2P changes and DOFFs, I think you can even level faster than ever before. (I hope this doesn't lead to a ragequit about "leveling too fast!")
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-06-2012, 03:04 AM
Good lord, I have a 4GB patch update!!! (not only did I delete my old toons, I also uninstalled and wiped the game off the HD) Basically, I'm now just installing the original box version of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
With all the F2P changes and DOFFs, I think you can even level faster than ever before. (I hope this doesn't lead to a ragequit about "leveling too fast!")

No, I don't mind the fast leveling... I don't wanna be stuck on low-level ships all that long. I want my iconic heroic ships to play on. It's end-game that works that I need in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-06-2012, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Good lord, I have a 4GB patch update!!! (not only did I delete my old toons, I also uninstalled and wiped the game off the HD) Basically, I'm now just installing the original box version of the game.
You might also want to disable on-demand patching via the launcher options if you find loading maps takes an age!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-06-2012, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Yea, I have the same. I quit over a year ago and uninstalled. Now it has to download a huge patch
On the bright side, it looks like a lot of content was added. That was sadly lacking when I left.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-06-2012, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taraq. View Post
Yea, I have the same. I quit over a year ago and uninstalled. Now it has to download a huge patch
On the bright side, it looks like a lot of content was added. That was sadly lacking when I left.
hahaha no...there isnt...