Lt. Commander
# 11
01-06-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taraq. View Post
Yea, I have the same. I quit over a year ago and uninstalled. Now it has to download a huge patch
On the bright side, it looks like a lot of content was added. That was sadly lacking when I left.
If by a lot you mean a few hours worth...sure. Tons.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-06-2012, 07:05 AM
LOL

Wait till you get to VA and notice you have to buy your ship now because you went and demanded a refund from the LTS....(plus the other bonuses we got from LTS's and subscription age)

You should of just kept your LTS..oops!
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-06-2012, 07:10 AM
Welcome back. I'm glad you're enjoying things now, even though I'm very surprised you decided (and they let you) to cancel your LTS.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Not to mention that the VA1 token is GONE, and your formerly semi-free "iconic endgame ship" will now have to be bought with even more C-Points than before (400 more, which nicely counters the LTA stipend)
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Well if you like the C-Store than the new F2P STO will be your thing...
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Heh heh, I got some sort of cyptic Debug Error window pop up at 99% completion of the 4GB patch.

And this was before today's maintenance (so it wasn't that).

Can't wait any longer. Guess I will 'cancel' download, go play TOR today, re-download this tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-06-2012, 08:47 AM
To answer your question OP, the game has added close to 0 end-game content in the last 4-5 months. I logged in yesterday (F2P) for the first time in 4-5 months to find the game very lackluster. After 20 minutes of play, I rage quit and uninstalled ST0. Maybe it will be ready to play again in another year or so (emphasis on so).
Lt. Commander
# 18 Darn Skippy.
01-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
You mean I could have gotten a refund for both my LIFER accounts - I thought all virtual transactions were final?
Just stop the credit card payment, they get the hint after a couple days. When STO started I ordered several copies from different retailers, including one from Atari direct because they had a long list of "bonus content". After finding out all that content was available through every retailer and they actually had none... I just stopped payment and bought the others.

Just woke up, missed the "lifetime sub" part... Anyway, it still works the same. Dispute the charge early and there's no problem, wait a week or two and the credit card may get tied up but you'll still get your money back (most of the time)
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by optyk View Post
LOL

Wait till you get to VA and notice you have to buy your ship now because you went and demanded a refund from the LTS....(plus the other bonuses we got from LTS's and subscription age)

You should of just kept your LTS..oops!

$240 worth of bonuses?

I'm a bit of a lore stickler. My old ships looked (and used weapons) like the canon lore. Nothing "fancy," surely nothing I'd have to buy.

All I need is a Defiant, a BoP (the K'Vort , which they added just after I quit the 2nd time) and a Sovereign.

Was also curious about playing a Science Captain, w/ the Klingon Carrier... may give that a whirl.

Will any of that cost me C-store stuff? I'm guessing the K'Vort may.

Lt. Commander
# 20
01-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
To answer your question OP, the game has added close to 0 end-game content in the last 4-5 months. I logged in yesterday (F2P) for the first time in 4-5 months to find the game very lackluster. After 20 minutes of play, I rage quit and uninstalled ST0. Maybe it will be ready to play again in another year or so (emphasis on so).

I aint played since probably mid-2010.

It got to the point where I would have to log/re-log back and forth from Fed to Klingon just to get a PvP match.