01-09-2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
December 22nd 2012 - The day after

Actually that would be my birthday.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-09-2012, 08:20 AM
On that upcoming content in STO wiki, they say ""High-stakes" Dabo night with high end rewards, possibly including a Ferengi ship." I skimmed through that whole ask Cryptic June 2011 and didn't find one mention of the "possibly a Ferengi ship." Anybody know where this was actually said?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thutmosis
Well ... they recently said, that they're able to make only 10-15 Story Missions a year .... considering they still have to work on the KDF ... you can guess how long it might take them to make another complete faction with at least 10-20 Missions ....

not this one .... or next ...

by the way things seem to be going right now .... not before real Romulans visit Earth, to bring us Story-Mission-Replicators

Well they've told they're trying to work on this 2012 ... even IF it would only postpone a possible Romulan Faction

This is where I don't understand Cryptic or Perfect World. The severe lack of content is what doomed this game from the beginning. If they had 2 or three times as much content as they do now they could have tiered it better for Lifers, Subers, and F2Pers. Meaning, enough content could have justified continuing to want to buy a life subscription because it had enough cool perks that it actually meant something. Subscriptions would have still been worth it, too, because if the Kling dings were completed and Romulans were ready, people still want those extra character slots. Now, the only reason why subscriptions are worth it is because you get a stipend for buying stuff in the c-store that may or may not be available soon. Anybody else see what's wrong with this picture?

Dude, if Cryptic, hired just 3-4 more mission content guys, they could resurrect this game in less than a year. If they brought Romulans in by the end of 2011, they could resurrect interest in Life time subscriptions. Come on fellas!
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
Why would someone pay the C-store for the automated defence turret? Its only good for a few ranks???
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Well, if they really add some content to the KDF (playable content like missions) I will also believe the end of the world is possible. I mean 1 mircacle shows that another 1 can happen too, right? On the other hand, is it logical to assume that KDF content and the end of the world are in some way connected to each other?
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
Well, if they really add some content to the KDF (playable content like missions) I will also believe the end of the world is possible. I mean 1 mircacle shows that another 1 can happen too, right? On the other hand, is it logical to assume that KDF content and the end of the world are in some way connected to each other?
Only in the sense that both are somewhat equally likely to occur.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
On that upcoming content in STO wiki, they say ""High-stakes" Dabo night with high end rewards, possibly including a Ferengi ship." I skimmed through that whole ask Cryptic June 2011 and didn't find one mention of the "possibly a Ferengi ship." Anybody know where this was actually said?
Dan Stahl said it here, in response to my question:
Quote:
Q: PhyrexianHero Will there be any changes to Dabo so that we can bet more than 100 energy credits per slot at a time?

A: We have been discussing adding a "high-stakes" Dabo night to the game sometime during Season 4 which will up the limits and add new high end rewards. I'd really like the ability to win a Ferengi ship for a boatload of Gold Pressed Latinum, so maybe that will happen too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
Why would someone pay the C-store for the automated defence turret? Its only good for a few ranks???
I don't work for Cryptic. The short answer is because people already *did* pay money for it and some people want to have every special item possible.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo

December 21st 2012 - The end of the world
December 22nd 2012 - The day after
You're kidding me?! Thats my anniversary, are you the voice of my wallet?
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
Dan Stahl said it here, in response to my question:
Thank you phryexian! God, I've hoping for even a subtle hint of adding in a Ferengi ship for quite sometime. What scares me is it's been almost 9 months since Dan Stahl said that, and as far as I know, it hasn't been mentioned again (in any eng reports or dev diaries). Please give us a tier 5 ferengi maurauder Cryptic!!!!

Edit: it also seems like D Stahl mistyped something there.

"A: We have been discussing adding a "high-stakes" Dabo night to the game sometime during Season 4 which will up the limits and add new high end rewards. I'd really like the ability to win a Ferengi ship for a boatload of Gold Pressed Latinum, so maybe that will happen too."

It looks like he meant to say a Ferengi ship or a boatload of Gold pressed latinum. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
Thank you phryexian! God, I've hoping for even a subtle hint of adding in a Ferengi ship for quite sometime. What scares me is it's been almost 9 months since Dan Stahl said that, and as far as I know, it hasn't been mentioned again (in any eng reports or dev diaries). Please give us a tier 5 ferengi maurauder Cryptic!!!!

Edit: it also seems like D Stahl mistyped something there.

"A: We have been discussing adding a "high-stakes" Dabo night to the game sometime during Season 4 which will up the limits and add new high end rewards. I'd really like the ability to win a Ferengi ship for a boatload of Gold Pressed Latinum, so maybe that will happen too."

It looks like he meant to say a Ferengi ship or a boatload of Gold pressed latinum. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
You are always welcome.

I think the original quote was correct, as the latinum you won (which may be a lot if its high-stakes) would be able to purchase a high-cost item like a Ferengi vessel. That said, it appears that anything Dan said as EP should not be assumed as the gameplan anymore (see up to 10 Feature Episode series a year dropping to *maybe* 3).