Lt. Commander
I know this has been posted at least once in these forums, However due to the general lack of MG or dev response to this issue, I feel it is necessary to start a new thread about this subject.

I have notice in game that Borg tech drop are very broken, Most players that run STF's regardless of completing optional revive no Borg tech drops while others receive them most of the time. This is due to the supposed random loot drop system, and the fact that this system will never or very rarely give these drops to everyone, basically only give them to the very few players already receiving them.

This system needs to be removed and a new system need to be put into place. A system that is based on the number of STF's you run to get Borg STF items rather than a random system that has the full potential to favor the few over the many.

I personally have 6 characters, so it seems that I am being punished for having so many, because I have run so many STF's (Around 200 so far a crossed all) on all my characters and revived 1(ONE) rare borg tech drop.

We the many, need resolution on this and some sort of response from the GM's or Dev's on this problem..

Thanks for your participation on this subject in advance...
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-07-2012, 08:21 AM
The loot system is definetly bugged .

Been playing for the last month only STF and only got crap , the single time i got Rare borg salvage was when i was lucky enough to have it as a reward at the end .

Even if i skipped on everything still didnt get it .

And on the other hand i see player that need on everything and they get all the good loot , the loot system is unbalanced and needs to be addressed .
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-08-2012, 08:45 AM
I don´t know what you mean i played a normal stf yesterday and i got 2 rare borg and 1 normal
i have now 60 normal in my inventory and just down´t know what too do with them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genradragon View Post
I don´t know what you mean i played a normal stf yesterday and i got 2 rare borg and 1 normal
i have now 60 normal in my inventory and just down´t know what too do with them.
See that right there suggests the problem. I've been playing these now for a month, 300+ under my belt including my first elite yesterday, NOT A SINGLE BORG TECH. Not a common or a rare. Granted I'm sorta ANTI - lucky

The fact that you can have sixty, while another player can have NONE is kinda a problem to be honest.
I mean you should throw even the profoundly unlucky a bone to keep em motivated or at the very least ENTERTAINED after all.

I gotta be honest here, I'm really not really likin the "chance" element in the game much at all.
First, You have no way to tell if they are bugged, and new bugs DO pop up occasionally with patches. You simply would never know if a bug was omitting you, or interfering with your chances/odds. And the game does have it's bugs and new ones all the time too.

Second you hear stories of people who get way more than they can use, whilest others get NONE. Yet both contribute to the same goal. That right there is a bonked system by my definition anyways.

And judging by your example it looks like it dropped every rare drop on one player alone. There should be some sort of shuffle going on, to make sure that the rare drops get distributed a tad more evenly.

Course that may be a tad less "random", but I'm guessing that there are programmed "degrees" to all this randomness. I've read somewhere that you can't program absolute randomness you can only program it to "simulate" randomness.
http://docstore.mik.ua/orelly/networ...sh/ch03_07.htm
http://engineering.mit.edu/live/news...-random-number
Perhaps they need some tweaking ? Hey if we were playing cards, I would suggest that we shuffle them again. We would consider one player getting all the higher cards bonked right?

Another thing: There really needs to be a way to make rare Borg salvage redeemable for an equivalent of "X", (T.B.D.) amount of encoded data chips in MY opinion anyway. I think that would be a step in the right direction.
I find it kinda funny/weird, that rare Borg salvage drops are more frequent than common or rare Borg tech are. It's kinda misleading, if only by name/description alone. Maybe they should be called uncommon Borg salvage instead ? Either way, they do seem to have less "worth" than the uncommon Borg encoded data chips do, at least by perception.

As far as Mark XII gear is concerned, I know the drops are not mythical, but I hear they are pretty damned close.

BTW, I've also heard stories of people getting two Jem Hadar ships. While I know this is comparing apple to oranges and I have no desire to hijack this thread, I point this out, merely to prove my point about the degree of randomness needing to be tweaked as I feel this example supports my point somewhat.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-08-2012, 12:59 PM
At the end of the stf you have to pick up your reward.

You know that right?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-08-2012, 02:24 PM
I think people need to read carefully here and know what is being talked about before posting, because it seems very clear to me there is already confusion in the thread because people are mixing the terms. Its very easy to confuse the silly number of new Borg currencies.

There are:

EDCs (encrypted data chips) which everyone gets at least 1 at the end of an STF
Rare Borg Salvage, which is useful only to buy non-set parts
Common Tech which are lets someone grab a mk 10 set piece.
Rare Tech which lets someone grab a mk 11 set piece

Elite only drops:
Prototype salvage which is useful only to buy mk 12 non-set parts
Prototype Tech which lets someone grab a mk 12 set piece

I personally have never seen a Tech drop for me, not common and not rare (and I don't do elite STFs so obviously I've never seen a prototype anything) and I know I've done more than 100 STF runs across my various characters. Rare salvage is not too rare, I've outfitted a few ships completely in mk 11 [borg] weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
If you can be a bit more descriptive in what you are getting, and as far as rare Borg salvage, that's all I am getting along with the guaranteed Borg data chips. This might help the rest of us our on what you mean. example below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
I think people need to read carefully here and know what is being talked about before posting, because it seems very clear to me there is already confusion in the thread because people are mixing the terms. Its very easy to confuse the silly number of new Borg currencies.

There are:

EDCs (encrypted data chips) which everyone gets at least 1 at the end of an STF
Rare Borg Salvage, which is useful only to buy non-set parts
Common Tech which are lets someone grab a mk 10 set piece.
Rare Tech which lets someone grab a mk 11 set piece

Elite only drops:
Prototype salvage which is useful only to buy mk 12 non-set parts
Prototype Tech which lets someone grab a mk 12 set piece

I personally have never seen a Tech drop for me, not common and not rare (and I don't do elite STFs so obviously I've never seen a prototype anything) and I know I've done more than 100 STF runs across my various characters. Rare salvage is not too rare, I've outfitted a few ships completely in mk 11 [borg] weapons.

Quote:
At the end of the stf you have to pick up your reward.

You know that right?
You can only pick what is available from the completed optional loot drop, and by pick i mean you role on it, and even then I have never seen tech drops in the optional loot. Other than all of that any avid STFer knows that you must pick up your loot at the end. And we all have, over 150 times now at minimum.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-09-2012, 06:35 PM
I've run >200 STFs now across 3 characters (sci/tac/eng). Around 50-80 of those were elites.

Of those I have had lots of edcs (as expected), rare borg salvage (20 or so), 5 Prototype salvage since the patch of the 6th Jan but none before that.

I have had no Tech drops.....zero....zilch....nada. Nor has anyone in the runs I've done that I know of (and people usually shout like crazy in team when they get so much as a Proto salvage).

I've read that the drop rates are under change over time as they measure the uptake. Nonetheless.....its seems I'm pouring more and more time into STFs for effectively no return.

Rare Salvage is useless to me. You can't even use it towards the MKXI costume kit.

Prototype salvage is near useless, marginal upgrades in part.

So........I keep running em in hope of that apparent 0.00125 percent chance of the drop. Not feeling that the return on time invested is in parity.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-10-2012, 03:46 AM
240 elite runs runs.

1 proto armor
1 proto starship shield
1 rare starship shield
2 rare personal shield
1 rare armor

YES YOU GET STUPiD RARES IN ELITE.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-11-2012, 07:31 AM
I've done 160+, a fair number of elites, and so far I've only got one common psg tech on a normal infected. Just got my second prototype salvage. I would be delighted to get some rare tech drops. Or a rare tech drop. Maybe even a common.