Lt. Commander
# 11
01-07-2012, 06:20 AM
Dan's advice is sound.

2 more points I'd like to add:
- Look into getting a Field Generator Mk XI (Engineering console). It boosts your total shield capacity by +35%, giving even Regen shields near (stock) Covariant capacity.
- Definitely look into the Borg set. The Regen shields are by far and large the best Regen shields available (both due to actual capacity/regen, set bonuses, and passive stats). Also look into getting the Borg console. It's a Universal console that grants bonuses to your Crit chance as well as giving you another piece of the Borg set. The Console is available from a mission (Assimilated, I believe?) and the rest of the pieces (known as the 'retro Borg set') are available by getting EDCs from running STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-07-2012, 06:24 AM
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong but the borg items are not any more direct item rewards from specific stfs? Now when I do a stf I get an EDC and I purchase borg items from a vendor? And what did you mean by saying "normal space stf"? An space stf on normal? No ground combat?

Also, if I'd switch my rear slots to turrets only, what would my energy levels be? Wouldn't constant fire keep my weapon energy level at some low point after alfa strike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Dan's advice is sound.

2 more points I'd like to add:
- Look into getting a Field Generator Mk XI (Engineering console). It boosts your total shield capacity by +35%, giving even Regen shields near (stock) Covariant capacity.
- Definitely look into the Borg set. The Regen shields are by far and large the best Regen shields available (both due to actual capacity/regen, set bonuses, and passive stats). Also look into getting the Borg console. It's a Universal console that grants bonuses to your Crit chance as well as giving you another piece of the Borg set. The Console is available from a mission (Assimilated, I believe?) and the rest of the pieces (known as the 'retro Borg set') are available by getting EDCs from running STFs.
Why retro? )) Any new borg items around or only because they are old? ))
So the console is only available from infected-assimilated? Too bad, I realy don't have a high opinion on those stfs, they seemed frustrating and too ground based when they came out.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abohac View Post
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong but the borg items are not any more direct item rewards from specific stfs? Now when I do a stf I get an EDC and I purchase borg items from a vendor? And what did you mean by saying "normal space stf"? An space stf on normal? No ground combat?

Also, if I'd switch my rear slots to turrets only, what would my energy levels be? Wouldn't constant fire keep my weapon energy level at some low point after alfa strike?

So the console is only available from infected-assimilated? Too bad, I realy don't have a high opinion on those stfs, they seemed frustrating and too ground based when they came out.
To be honest, I'm not quite sure how the STFs work anymore

From what I understand, you can run any one of the STFs (either the Space or Ground part) and get some Encrypted Data Chips (EDCs), which you can turn in for gear. The easiest is Infected Space. Just get a few people that know what they're doing, and you can get it done in 15-20 minutes.

They're referred to as the 'retro Borg set' because the most common intention of using EDCs is now to get the MACO/Omega/Honor Guard sets since most people already have the Borg set.

As for rear Turrets, I'm not exactly sure what the power levels would be, but it's not too much of an issue except for after a Beam Overload (using a Battery works wonders). On my MVAE, I have 3x DHCs + 1x DBB/3x Turrets and I don't really see power levels dropping past the 90s.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-07-2012, 11:33 AM
your spec looks solid OP, but inertial dampners may be a waste...unless we have learned that the new skill tree has fixed this.

my recommendations:

run 2 tac teams.
drop target engines for another crf.
turrets aft.
run he1/tss2 on your sci
drop those armors and get the +35 shield, and an EPS console.
drop the tractor beam consoles consoles for maybe a lolP2W...graviton thingy or theta IMO. but dont overkill, youll get rage quitters.
run epts2, 1. evasive and cloak instead of RSF. keep a BO with both loadouts....i do, and swap them out depending on if the emeny team has a good spiker. if not, its the epts1, epts2 bridge officer.

rely on your team to slow targets for you instead of using tractor beam. the theta works wonders for this as well.

timing is everything. min distance on target and max time on CRF3. land that torp on bare hull. also for those that care not about mixing weapons types, turrets do almost no damage....fully buffed they really can help out....but for some reason on a lot of my builds with cannons i use phaser turrets. the random disable proc is just too yummy. and it may be more beneficial to you.

have fun kill bad guys

horizon
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
your spec looks solid OP, but inertial dampners may be a waste...unless we have learned that the new skill tree has fixed this.

my recommendations:

run 2 tac teams.
drop target engines for another crf.
turrets aft.
run he1/tss2 on your sci
drop those armors and get the +35 shield, and an EPS console.
drop the tractor beam consoles consoles for maybe a lolP2W...graviton thingy or theta IMO. but dont overkill, youll get rage quitters.
run epts2, 1. evasive and cloak instead of RSF. keep a BO with both loadouts....i do, and swap them out depending on if the emeny team has a good spiker. if not, its the epts1, epts2 bridge officer.

rely on your team to slow targets for you instead of using tractor beam. the theta works wonders for this as well.

timing is everything. min distance on target and max time on CRF3. land that torp on bare hull. also for those that care not about mixing weapons types, turrets do almost no damage....fully buffed they really can help out....but for some reason on a lot of my builds with cannons i use phaser turrets. the random disable proc is just too yummy. and it may be more beneficial to you.

have fun kill bad guys

horizon
That is realy helpful Horizon.
2 questions, if I may : Although I know what the eps console does, I'm unsure about it's effects - what it's actualy good for, can someone explain? And what exactly did you mean by graviton and theta thingies? ))

I'll certanly alter my build quite a bit on what you all suggested.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abohac View Post

The STFs are broken into 2 parts now, ground and Space.
Both have 2 settings, Elite and normal
All of the space parts are considerably easier than the ground, thus they are usually done more often.
With a good team you can finish them, with all optionals, in a bout 15-20 m in. (on normal, Elite is longer of course)
The original Borg 4 pc set is now refferred to as the "Retro" set.
here are all the sets, including the new ones:
http://www.stowiki.org/Set
word of warning: the tech drops are uber rare. You'll probably need to do them dozens of time for even one.
Encrypted Data Chips (EDC), Rare Borg Salavge, Common borg tech and Rare borg tech (those are for the sets) will drop on Normal.
The really good stuff, the prototype tech, (for the Mk XII gear) will only drop in the Elite versions.
Additionally, certain kinds will only drop on certain maps...as follows...

Shield Tech drops in Infected Space
Personal Shield tech in Infected Ground
Engine tech in Cure space
Weapon tech in Cure ground
Deflector tech in Khitomer space
Personal armor tech Khitomer ground

All vendors for these are on DS9.(go right from the beam-down)

IMOHPO...for a Raptor, I'd use 3 DHC and a torp up front and all turrets and/or maybe another torp on the rear.
If you're willing to drop cash in the Cstore, explore the new ships with the wonderful consoles they offer...note some types will only miount on certain ships, tho.
Get as many as you like, worry not about the naysayers you might complain about you having "too many".
In combat, there is no such thing about about having too much when it comes to what may be an advantage.
Ask any great Warrior from history if they would not use something because "that might be too much of an advantage".
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-07-2012, 03:11 PM
the eps xfer consoles help keep tour weapons power up during crf and beam overload runs. each weapon has a (-x) each time it fires. your power xfer rate will give a value of (+x)/sec. by equipping 1 or 2 of these consoles you get your weapons power back up high, faster, and therefore you do more damage. they also help a ton when switching from a weapons focused power setting to a tanking or escape setting.

the consoles i was refering to are consoles you can get in the c-store from buying ships. (thats why we refer to them as pay2win consoles) the graviton one (i think thats what its called) fires out these little discs in the front 90 degrees....it slows targets with a chance to disable engines. the other one i spoke of was the theta vent (my favorite kling console) which is like a warp plasma that also attacks shields.

now i cant remember which ones can go on the raptor since im a BOP guy, but you should explore these options. don't go overboard with them tho, as they enrage many players.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Or you can try skilling Electro-Plasma systems

0points 110% (5.5/second) transfer rate
3points 164% (8.2/second) transfer rate
6points 194% (9.7/second) transfer rate
9points 209% (10.1/second) transfer rate
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote: