Lt. Commander
# 21
01-11-2012, 06:55 PM
According to some older posts on this forum regarding the issue. It is said that by Admiral you have 10 total bridge officers.

It must start with 4 at Ensign, 2 more at LT Commander, 2 more at Commander and the last two at RA? However, the "10" seems to be correct from what I've seen on my characters that are VA and I have never bought extra slots for. I have 3 VAs, all have 10 BOffs. It must skip at LT and Captain? Not sure. Regardless of where it skips, there are only 10. So that leaves 1) The F2P Matrix is just plain wrong. 2) The structure of BOs granted at rank changes on 1/17/12(F2P release) and all our VAs get more BOs 3) Or as the OP says, they lied. If after 1/17/12, if all "Gold" members still only have "10" BOffs, then Cryptic will be falsely advertising and will have to adjust the matrix to reflect the BOffs accordingly.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Re: http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p_features

Bolded important part:

Please note: This features matrix, like the rest of Star Trek Online's free-to-play effort is subject to change based on user feedback. (or granted their own wishes i'd assume hehe)

However as for how many slots, I dunno I'm lifetimer with a ton of boff slots on almost all my chars hehe but looking at my commander toon I have 8 slots total (4 starting, 2 ltcmdr, 2 cmdr I'd assume).

It is pretty close too captain so I can easily get her up there and see if I get two more, but I'll do that after I get work done.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-12-2012, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
Not at every rank as the Matrix says. So they told a "half-truth"? When a retail store advertise something and don't deliver that's also a "half-truth" or "false advertising"?

Either way definition of lie is: giving a false statement. A liar is one who gives false statement. That is a false statement on the Matrix. Thus it fits. What word would make you feel all sunshine and lollypops so I can change it?
Lying is purposefully attempting to deceive someone by prevaricating. I see no malicious intent here, so I think it is a bit insulting to call them liars. I am not even certain that the statement is false. Rather, it seems poorly worded.

Likewise, false advertising is intentionally making false or misleading claims in order to deceive consumers. Honest mistakes by companies making statements in good faith that they are true is generally not false advertising.

Rather than making a post that is insulting, why not simply ask for clarification?
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
Lying is purposefully attempting to deceive someone by prevaricating. I see no malicious intent here, so I think it is a bit insulting to call them liars. I am not even certain that the statement is false. Rather, it seems poorly worded.

Likewise, false advertising is intentionally making false or misleading claims in order to deceive consumers. Honest mistakes by companies making statements in good faith that they are true is generally not false advertising.

Rather than making a post that is insulting, why not simply ask for clarification?
Never heard of "My Bad Advertising" term. Can't even find that term on Urban Dictionary and that gets things anyone can add on a whim.

A lie is a lie. No need to sugarcoat it. They need to change it on the Matrix to say +2 on SOME ranks instead of trying to mislead people to go gold from silver.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-12-2012, 11:54 PM
As others have pointed out, lies are misstatements of truth with the intention of deception. I think it very unlikely that Cryptic was intending to deceive anyone with their feature matrix.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-13-2012, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher2011
Like a bit of drama do you?

Calling them lairs over something so small is a bit harsh. The game changes fast, not every little sentence can be reworded systematically without a lot of work. Sometimes something will be missed.

They are not liars. The information is also partly correct, you do get additional when ranking up don't you.
Oh no they should. They should update everything on their site. Even EA says that when they will terminate a service they will inform you 1 month before. This is in their EULA. I am a paying customer they WILL inform me every change they make in the game from their main page or forums. This is no excuse. I don't accept it. I don't call anybody liar. But if some call them this is why. I pay, I have the right to be informed. They can reserve the right to make changes but they can't reserve the right of nondisclosure period. Everything should be reworded systematically. No creds for partial answers. You may find it acceptable, I don't and will not. Make a release note, inform people...
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-13-2012, 01:23 AM
It looks like the f2p matrix page got a bit mangled in the website upgrade. I believe the previous version of the page said "2 additional slots at some ranks". I sent an email to the web team, and I expect they will get it corrected in the morning.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-13-2012, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
It looks like the f2p matrix page got a bit mangled in the website upgrade. I believe the previous version of the page said "2 additional slots at some ranks". I sent an email to the web team, and I expect they will get it corrected in the morning.
I created a thread detailing the various slots in game, how they're unlocked, and how F2P affects them;

Slots, the Definitive Numbers.

Rehpic, would you mind stopping by and confirming/correcting the numbers please
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-13-2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Sorry, not true. In this old thread http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=235887 LordofPit brings up the fact that having 2 per rank and 18 at cap is a selling point for buying a LTS when the game goes F2P.

Sorry again but nice to see it will be corrected after being that way all this time. While changing the Matrix, just make it clear. Paid players get a max of 10 with more purchaseable while free get max of 5 with more via purchase.

EDIT And this thread started even before the website makeover as well. This thread started a week ago. Oh and stowiki needs to be told of this change since they reprinted the Matrix there months ago.

SECOND EDIT To be fair, make some BO slots part of the 800 day vet reward. Honestly, the 800 day one looks a bit weak. And BO slots were never given as a vet reward but ship slots repeatedly are given.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-13-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
This has been the wording for quite some time:

"+2 Additional Slots Per Rank
Additional Slots Purchasable"

I made my first inquiry about this back in September with no response, and several times since.
Closed Thread