• Ensign - 4
  • Lieutenant - 4
  • Lt. Commander - 4
  • Commander - 4
  • Captain - 5
  • Rear Adm., Lower - 6
  • Rear Adm., Upper - 6
  • Vice Adm. - 6
So the difference between Gold and Silver has devalued even more?
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
So when I give a wrong answer on a test, I am lying to the professor? I think not.
Definition of LIE
intransitive verb
1: to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive

Source: Websters Abridged Dictionary
In common usage, the difference between accusing someone of lying and accusing them of being wrong is the intent to deceive (id est, intending to create a false impression either by misstating the truth or deceiving by omission or subterfuge).

If I were a developer at Cryptic, I would not respond to this post because rather than saying, hey, I think you may have made a mistake with the matrix you are accusing them of being liars.
Dictionary.com has it as an inaccurate or false statement. So what do you think and inaccurate or false statement is?
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-19-2012, 11:30 AM
The matrix needs to be changed altogether.... because what I saw gave no compelling reason for any sane human being to pay a monthly fee over playing for free =)
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
My bad. I was going from memory of what had previously been in the matrix and I mis-remembered. It looks like they updated the matrix to have the details I sent them for how many slots you get at each rank, but the main text still says "+2 Additional Slots Per Rank" and "+1 Additional Slot Per Rank", which is incorrect. I will get them to fix it. In the mean time, the correct number of slots can be seen by mousing over the question mark. Here it is for your reference:

Bridge officer slots for gold players by rank:
  • Ensign - 4
  • Lieutenant - 4
  • Lt. Commander - 6
  • Commander - 8
  • Captain - 8
  • Rear Adm., Lower - 10
  • Rear Adm., Upper - 10
  • Vice Adm. - 10

Bridge officer slots for silver players by rank:
  • Ensign - 4
  • Lieutenant - 4
  • Lt. Commander - 4
  • Commander - 4
  • Captain - 5
  • Rear Adm., Lower - 6
  • Rear Adm., Upper - 6
  • Vice Adm. - 6
Mouse over the ? on the Matrix now has it seem like some levels should be getting more than what was there before even. So seems the web team don't understand the words coming out of your mouth.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
So the difference between Gold and Silver has devalued even more?
According to Rehpic it was supposed to be that way from the very beginning.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike View Post
According to Rehpic it was supposed to be that way from the very beginning.
Perhaps so, but to new people, who've never had a STO account and were evaluating whether to go Silver or Gold, this would not have mattered because all they could go on was the F2P Matrix anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
Dictionary.com has it as an inaccurate or false statement. So what do you think and inaccurate or false statement is?
Could be a lie, could be a mistake, could be a misunderstanding or a miscommunication.

This is a pointless debate. 99% of English-speaking people realize that "lie" strongly implies (AT LEAST) an intent to deceive. You can pretend it's something else all you want, but don't get all surprised when people are offended when you call them liars.
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someGit View Post
The matrix needs to be changed altogether.... because what I saw gave no compelling reason for any sane human being to pay a monthly fee over playing for free =)
I believe that is the point actually. A subtle way of telling the old player base the direction of the game has shifted.
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
Perhaps so, but to new people, who've never had a STO account and were evaluating whether to go Silver or Gold, this would not have mattered because all they could go on was the F2P Matrix anyway.
Don't shoot the messenger.

I too found that confusing and thus created the thread. Now Rehpic says it was always supposed to be this way he now states. I don't like this either since it made gold seem a better choice but now it makes it a weaker one. A silver player that will roll one new character per month would be better off just buying the points and save money instead of sub.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer View Post
Could be a lie, could be a mistake, could be a misunderstanding or a miscommunication.

This is a pointless debate. 99% of English-speaking people realize that "lie" strongly implies (AT LEAST) an intent to deceive. You can pretend it's something else all you want, but don't get all surprised when people are offended when you call them liars.
Too bad I have a definition that fits the word and so I am not offended. Every time I see someone who can't accept the definition that is OFFICIAL, all I think when I read the post is "U Mad?" And it makes me LOL.
Closed Thread