Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-07-2012, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
[*]2-PIECE SET BONUS
  • Reduced magnitude of Hull Regeneration by approximately 40%.
  • Reduced max frequency of effect from once every 45 seconds to once every 60 seconds.
  • Added passive skill bonus to Hull Repair skill.
    • This increases effectiveness of all heals, including the 2-piece proc.
  • Added passive bonus to Hull Regen rate.
    • This is displayed as +0.2, works out to shaving about 20seconds off Regenerating a 20k HP ship from 0 to full.
Why are you hurting us armor tanker so much? The passive boost heals me an extra 46 hitpoints a second from healing skills. But I lose 1008 healing per second when it triggers. Even factoring in that it only triggers every so often overall we end up much worse off. EDIT: Just seen you removed our resistance bonus as well!

Are you looking at your changes from the prospective of an amor tanker? As I do not see how it's a fair or needed change. Some of us like flying armor tanks like they did in DS9.

First we get our sci armor healing consoles removed from game after 2 years off having them, then we get given broken armor Duty Officers that still do not work, then we get a skill revamp that lowers our healing rate. Now we get a 40% armor heal reduction from our main bit of gear plus it triggers less and no longer boosts reistance. Can I ask why? Why are you nerfing armor tanking so much? Not everyone flys around with shield tanks, some of us amor tank.

Your change is going push armor tanking from good to poor. Why is this being done?
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-07-2012, 05:48 AM
Don't u guys see what they are doing? They completely avoid the balancing issue by just transforming everything that might give u an advantage in one or the other way into pure crap. Of course that won't happen to the famed C-Store items/consoles. I think we can all see the reason for that ...
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-07-2012, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marika.shran View Post
The Borg set was nurfed, butt it was also boosted in other ways. Let's test the new changes first before we cumplain all the time.
Only if you play on "Normal" difficulty.

People who play Elite STF's are going to be hurting Big time with this massive nerf.
There we pretty much depend on hull and shield heals to keep us alive.

In an Elite STF, if your shields drop as low as 10% then you might as well be dead, because at that point the Borg can easily rip you apart, not to mention that the sheer damage output is enough to strip your shields, with buffs, WITHOUT a shield neutralizer or tachyon beam.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-07-2012, 06:52 AM
figures....

cant have the most awesome set for 15 EDC if there are new shiny crap sets that nobody wants for 120 EDC

*ugh*

why do you guys always feel that you need to CHANGE good old things in order to promote newer crappier things?

+1 to making loot in this game even more sucky

in any racing game there would be a red warning sign in your face "YOU ARE HEADING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!"

...no i'm not going to test that, the numbers tell me all i need to know. ... reduction reduction reduction
almost ready to /unequip + dismiss
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Thats what I dont like about cryptics approach to the endgear system... the highest gear with that requires hours of grind basically gives you next to no advantage above normal gear that can be obtained in a few hours.... borg set was the only one that felt like a endgame set, because you actually noticed the changes... with the nerfs its just another "oh yeah its has a proc that you not even notice"....

If you invest 60h+ (so much i have invested so far in stfs alone) I think you should get something that gives you some omph... I dont feel that at all...
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
[*]Added an auto-hail feature for mission hails.
  • It works only when you’re on a non-mission map and no hail is currently open:
    • If there is a complete remote-hail mission, it will automatically hail the contact.
    • Otherwise it will hail the contact for your next available mission.
Is there an option to turn this off? There have been times when I've been running around with several missions not yet turned in, particularly dailies and New Officer missions.

Quote:
[*]Breen: Reworked bonuses to tie in to a set concept of "Dominate the Breen"
How? You state that no modifications were necessary to the base deflector, you weakened the polaron resistance and you state that the 2-piece set bonus is functionally identical to what it was. This was already the weakest set, and now it appears to be even worse at fighting the Breen than before.

I ask because I want to understand; I don't actually use the Breen set anymore, and since Featured Episodes no longer really exist, thanks to the level requirement, I won't be using it to level up any characters, but I can't let an apparent contradiction go unquestioned.

Quote:
[*]All skill bonuses now conform to a standard bonus model.
What does this mean, anyway?
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Ok, so I jumped on to Tribble to test the changes Borticus brought us (thanks!!) on the MACO/OMEGA sets....

BUT, I don't know why anyone would go for the OMEGA space set over the MACO. The only reason I can come up with is the turn rate boost.

Here's my problem. An escourt may as well not have shields in the STF's. The Raptors strip them in 2-3 shots. Now the MACO set has the higher (but not the best) shield capacity. Yet the set seems to be 'aimed' at Science captains. I compared the damage of the Grav Beam on my Tac and Sci and there was ~1200 damage difference in favour of my Sci toon, as it benefits from Sci space skills.

Still, the MACO Shield has an ALL Energy resist, with a proc that adds +2 power to all subsystems that can stack. Compared to the OMEGA shield that has the percentage proc that gives you a turnrate boost, while 'debuffing' your foe..... at a MUCH lower shield capacity, therefore unlikely to be used by Escourts who could receive up to +10 to all subsystems instead. Just seems far more attractive.

I like the way these sets are morphing, but ask that the applications in various vessels be considered. The MACO with it's higher yield is going to be a no brainer for Sci, who already have the strongest shields. The benefit a Science vessel has, is that it can really go for either set, but that Gravitic Anchor of the OMEGA set seems pointless. Of what value is having the Borg fly in a straight line, when they all fly in a straight line to their objectives anyway and their hardpoints don't seem to be affected by direction?? It should do what it's name suggests. Anchor the enemy. As the Grav Beam takes Aux offline, have this take Engines offline so the defence bonus for moving is lost as well.

Overall I want to thank JMan (and Zeronius for getting these changes on Tribble ). It takes a lot of time and effort to get these sets, so the amount of work/feedback/listening is greatly appreciated.

Keep up the good work!
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Hoo.. I see.. Nerf the Borg set so the new useless sets seems less useless..
Instead of making the new set better, lets just nerf the old one.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain Brown
Not sure I would call the borg set changes a nerf just yet. Might even be a bit of a buff.

i totally agree ,

I tested em on tribble , and i think all the whining that is going on is for nothing . You will be pleasantly surprised on how much it is improved
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Added an auto-hail feature for mission hails.
It works only when you’re on a non-mission map and no hail is currently open:
If there is a complete remote-hail mission, it will automatically hail the contact.
Otherwise it will hail the contact for your next available mission.
For the love of Bob PLEASE TURN IT OFF!!!

in all seriousness please make this an option*
not a default