Lieutenant
I know that the Romulans players will have choose faction in lvl 10 however, this is a little off in the case of Romulans choosing KDF as Allies.

In canon, the Romulans and The Klingons had a Love-Hate Relationship, while the Romulan gave the klingons their cloak technology, the klingons gave their (now obsoleted) D7 cruisers to the romulans, the alliance was short-lived and broke in some point and become deadly enemies,

The Klingons Hate the Romulans and Vice-versa

Now these romulans are allying themselves WITH the klingons that they hate so much, and vice versa. How J'mpok, Chancellor and Klingon by body and spirit that declared Romulans and FEDs enemies of the Empire, Support this Idea? is against the whole Klingon's "Never trust a Romulan" and the J'mpok's idea of expanding the Empire.

how this will work? Cryptic must have a very good excuse for the KDF Rommies. is very... out of place.
Lieutenant
# 2
04-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Klingon rather than FED always. FED is the true enemy in STO.
Career Officer
# 3
04-03-2013, 11:56 AM
The House of Duras didn't mind allying with Romulans, maybe J'mpok isn't so picky either, especially since the KDF can't seem to put the Federation down.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2013, 12:01 PM
See, though, you have to remember that all your same arguments go for the Federation - Romulans too. Remember the Earth-Romulan War? And all those smaller skirmishes and border wars over the many, many years since? The Federation has never truly been friends with the Romulans any more than the Klingons have.
Lieutenant
# 5
04-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Well I still can't get used to the mission which tells us the Klingons want us to make an ally out of the Undine.

Doesn't the name Undine mean in Klingon "Those without honor"?
Captain
# 6
04-03-2013, 12:05 PM
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...DFvsIRWYan.png

But while we're off dealing with that, you and your good Romulans go ahead make yourself at home here on Qo'Nos, look around our fleet bases and help yourself.
Career Officer
# 7
04-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Your not choosing a faction at level 10. You choosing a tech vendor through the two established fleet systems (and the doff systems). You continue to have exclusive Romulan faction storylines until ~ level 40 (when FEs and endgame kick in).

You could say that it doesn't represent an 'official' act of the Empire to ally with these Romulan separatists. That would be odd given the duality of the alliance with the Federation. I think its best to consider it an alliance at a smaller scale, akin to the Duras canon connection.

I can't rationalize it for the FED side however. Its a clear violation of several Prime Directive sub-orders.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...DFvsIRWYan.png

But while we're off dealing with that, you and your good Romulans go ahead make yourself at home here on Qo'Nos, look around our fleet bases and help yourself.
I wonder if Cryptic will change the text for that mission at all, or if we'll have that NPC laughably telling Romulan characters that they should never trust a Romulan. Hehe.
Rihannsu
# 9
04-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asheistheraven View Post
Doesn't the name Undine mean in Klingon "Those without honor"?
not exactly; Qa'meH quv, which is what the klingons call undine, literally (or as literal as cryptic can get) means "Replacers of honor with dishonor"

not quite the same thing, though i doubt you'd ever find a klingon that'll argue that undine have any honor
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Commander
# 10
04-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
I can't rationalize it for the FED side however. Its a clear violation of several Prime Directive sub-orders.
Not really. Starfleet and the Federation recognize New Romulus as an entity separate of the old, broken Empire. The Prime Directive states that they're well within their rights to deal with ally factions that are not strictly speaking members of the Federation. It's how they BS'd Picard into the position of solving the Klingon civil war, as they were allies at that point in time.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403