Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 71
01-07-2012, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
Heres my response PW & Cryptic. I wait on ONE infraction and I will end my subscription. PERIOD. Have a good day.
Why such a stand offish stance? If a moderator edits a post of yours ,and/or provides you with an infraction because of the poor behavior, why would you leave?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 72
01-07-2012, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Why such a stand offish stance? If a moderator edits a post of yours ,and/or provides you with an infraction because of the poor behavior, why would you leave?
If folks would read the "Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies (Effective Jan 20, 2012)" thread...

People would realise that "Infraction points may only be given by a member of the PWE Community Team, and may not be given by a Community Moderator."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 73
01-07-2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
You say that as if whether you "accept" an administrators decision is actually meaningful. If they recommend you get banned and you get banned, your acceptance is not relevant.
by 'they' I assume you mean a volunteer moderator.

the thing is my (and everyone elses for that matter) acceptance is relevant in that situation. why? because as unpaid, 'volunteer' staff that are not recognized as employees by cryptic they do not have the legal authority to make such recommendations any more than you or I can pick a name off this message board right now and say he or she should be banned. there is no law that says I have to accept any decision made against me on the recommendation of someone that doesn't even work for a company. that borders on harassment, something I have zero tolerance for from administrators

in short, basing any bans or action against a customer on recommendations from someone who doesn't work for the company, and by people part of a program that is near universally corrupt in every game its implemented in, is grounds to get a company in trouble. I will remind you that there are a considerable number of laws and regulations that state how you can treat a customer.

now if a normal admin has an issue to take up a ban with me that is different, provided it is input from that admin or a normal admin who is a legitimate employee of cryptic I would not have a problem with it, provided the reason is legitimate. but I will not accept any decision based on something from some unpaid forum mod, who for all I know could have a grudge or who probably doesn't even take the job as seriously as they should.

should it happen I will make an issue of it with cryptic and will go over their heads to resolve the situation if necessary.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 74
01-07-2012, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."
Ah, yes. The Constitution. Too bad it starts with the words "Congress shall not..." instead of "Cryptic shall not..."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 75
01-07-2012, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Ah, yes. The Constitution. Too bad it starts with the words "Congress shall not..." instead of "Cryptic shall not..."
Judge Aaron Satie, actually. As quoted by Jean-Luc Picard.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 76
01-07-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Yes we know. Your First Amendment rights, Freedom of Speech, but do you remember when you had first toggled the check that you had read and agreed to follow Cryptics TOS at the beginning? To follow their rules, which includes the forum posting rules?
There's a marked difference between self-serving forum demagogues who've been yearning for a chance to grief, if not permanently silence, their opponents; and legitimate Cryptic/PWE employees who've been trained to moderate a forum fairly.

One may consent to the latter without necessarily wishing for the former.

However, as this is going to happen anyway; the choice we have is to apply, or hope any damage done by our peers (such as deletion of worthy posts) can be undone.

Little men with big erasers, and all that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 77
01-07-2012, 06:29 AM
I just wish "warnings" (0 point infractions) would expire at some point.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 78
01-07-2012, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
There's a marked difference between self-serving forum demagogues who've been yearning for a chance to grief, if not permanently silence, their opponents; and legitimate Cryptic/PWE employees who've been trained to moderate a forum fairly.

...

Little men with big erasers, and all that.
That's why Cryptic is going to be screening them and why there will only be two. They have to have a history of following the rules and avoiding flame wars. This isn't going to be a case of them bringing on some newb or repeat offender. Odds are in order to be considered, you have to have a minimum number of posts with few infractions. Only the long term and fair posters would be able to even apply.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 79
01-07-2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
That's why Cryptic is going to be screening them and why there will only be two. They have to have a history of following the rules and avoiding flame wars. This isn't going to be a case of them bringing on some newb or repeat offender. Odds are in order to be considered, you have to have a minimum number of posts with few infractions. Only the long term and fair posters would be able to even apply.
Let's hope there's enough time to adequately screen applicants:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Since this is our first time out, we’re going to accept applications received by January 13th, 2012.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
As this is our first time out, we hope to have new community moderators on the forums by January 20th, 2012.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 80
01-07-2012, 06:56 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:57 PM.