Lt. Commander
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions about the space set rebalancing, please post them here.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Leave my Borg set alone!

I don't understand why you feel the need to fix something that isnt broken.
Or seeing as its a major nerf of its usefulness, break something that isnt broken.

If these changes go live the Borg set will only be good for one thing, fighting Borg.
Which does not even make sense as the Borg already know their own technology and if anything would be much more capable of adapting to it.

I for one value its usefulness as a multi-purpose set, and even have two on my engineer for the ease of switching between ships without having to re-slot the set.
But with these changes having those two will just be wasted effort...

Borg technology has always been envisioned in trek as the ultimate badass tech and the Holy Grail of technology, effective against pretty much any species other than the Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
3-PIECE: Added 100% chance to knock target's Aux system offline for ~3-4 seconds (disables many Borg special abilities)[/indent]
Cool. Appropriate, and in PvP it is most effective against Science ships, which are currently considered the strongest in PvP, but not so effective that it makes science ship underpowered.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor
Leave my Borg set alone!
the Borg Set? if i remember correctly, the space set rebalancing mentioned ONLY the MACO, Omega Force, and Honor Guard... nothing on changing the Borg Set

where'd you hear that?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Right off the bat, I'm noticing that the Aegis Shield's 'shield performance skill' doesn't currently do anything. The tooltip says that it increases shield power, but I've cycled several different shields through, and I'm not seeing any increase or decrease in shield power.

EDIT: And is it just me, or does the Omega/Kellerun engine not actually give any significant speed/maneuverability boost compared to... well any of the other set engines?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Congratulations. Your good, old sets now suck as much as your shoddily made, new sets. A triumph of mediocrity if there ever was one.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-06-2012, 07:01 PM
The updates look to be good to me. Already got my calculator out and working out each set and set items pros and cons. The Maco, Omega, Aegis and Borg sets are now competitive with one another.

I'll have to put them through further testing though to come to any conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superherofan1701 View Post
Congratulations. Your good, old sets now suck as much as your shoddily made, new sets. A triumph of mediocrity if there ever was one.
The updated Borg sets most certainly don't suck, they've merely been rebalanced and that's a good thing. No set should have an unmistakable advantage over another. I say this as someone who has a Borg set (minus shields) on every alt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
EDIT: And is it just me, or does the Omega/Kellerun engine not actually give any significant speed/maneuverability boost compared to... well any of the other set engines?
Yeah, I've been noticing that on pretty much ALL the engines in the game, where the only thing that seems to make any difference are the mods. Whether it's a problem with the tool tip or that's actually what the engines are I'm not sure.

Or perhaps it's just my imagination, haven't had a chance to really check it out.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-06-2012, 07:06 PM
The Borg set currently says

Quote:
Set 2: Autonomous Regeneration Sequencer
Passive
+0.2 Health Regeneration
+10 Starship Hull Repair
When receiving All Damage, 1% chance of applying Autonomous Regeneration Sequencer
That seems confusing because you say initially it's passive then go on to say 1% chance.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
Right off the bat, I'm noticing that the Aegis Shield's 'shield performance skill' doesn't currently do anything. The tooltip says that it increases shield power, but I've cycled several different shields through, and I'm not seeing any increase or decrease in shield power.

On Holodeck, currently my Aegis shields have 11,432 points.

On Tribble, (character copied over tonight) they have 12,704; a difference of 672.

EmPowerShields 3 loses around 80 points, and RSF 3 goes from 193 regen to 186. Sci Team loses a similar small amount.