Lt. Commander
# 31
01-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
The Ablative Armor is incredibly powerful. It's essentially a "get out of jail free" card.

The reason it's not a toggle is because it's more or less a God Mode. Toggle God Modes are not good for gameplay.
While I used to use my ablative as an oh **** skill, I'm really rather happy now that it is a console that I can now unequip in order to use a more useful new third engineering slot.

Me thinks my Intrepid just got a little more tankier because I lost the armor

But I digress, back to the OP's point,

I am in complete agreement with Skerit _Agent and have posted on this subject myself in the past.
So NO, he wasn't the only one creating those posts.

CaptnLogan was good enough to take a much needed pass at this ship last summer because he too felt that the ship needed some lovin, and the model is the better for it.
About the same time, I believe that CaptnLogan acknowledged that the underside of the saucer needed some work, BUT it was a heavy workload, plus the fact that he was a one man team, that prevented him from giving the model more attention.

You see, the underside of the saucer is wrong for a few different reasons.
First, the bottom of the saucer should be convex, ( curving out or bulging slightly outward ). The game's model bottom of the saucer doesn't do this. It has a series of two platforms, that one assumes is supposed to suggest the convex shape, but in actuality just looks slapdash and all together wrong.

Please allow me to illustrate what I mean:
What it's supposed to look like:
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/.../intrepid1.png
What it looks like:
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...wellsaucer.jpg
How it makes the shape of the ship altogether wrong in comparison:
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...SAUCERHULL.png

Second, as you can see there are two curving sets of very large and very bright lights that don't belong there at all.

Since, I believe in a recent Priority One Podcast, the good Captain remarked that he has someone training with him, so I agree with the OP that the time is right to ask again for another pass.

You know, when people ask for the Nemesis refit for the Sovereign class, or complained that the Prometheus and Defiant models were off and needed work, I don't recall people suggesting that fans of those ships ignore what bothers them.
Or when someone complains about their character's costume clipping or the signs at Earth spacedock looking childish, no snarky remarks then either.

So I guess it's a matter of perspective, if it's important TO YOU, then feedback is fine, but if YOU don't agree, then who cares right?

As a fan of Star Trek, I for one would like all of the canon ships to look like they are supposed to, regardless of whether it's my favorite or not.

We have a right to ask that a ship with such obvious model errors be looked at. That's what this forum is for.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VengefulDjinn
You know, when people ask for the Nemesis refit for the Sovereign class, or complained that the Prometheus and Defiant models were off and needed work, I don't recall people suggesting that fans of those ships ignore what bothers them.
Or when someone complains about their character's costume clipping or the signs at Earth spacedock looking childish, no snarky remarks then either.

So I guess it's a matter of perspective, if it's important TO YOU, then feedback is fine, but if YOU don't agree, then who cares right?

As a fan of Star Trek, I for one would like all of the canon ships to look like they are supposed to, regardless of whether it's my favorite or not.

We have a right to ask that a ship with such obvious model errors be looked at. That's what this forum is for.
Strongly agreed.