Lt. Commander
# 1 Crystal entity a pain
01-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Been trying to get this done, I swear theres a lack of communication, people in general spamming photon's. We keep getting stuck between 30-60 due to lack of communication.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Words of wisdom - never pug the CE.

Second, use groups of people with cannon scatter volley and torpedo spread.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-06-2012, 08:02 PM
I beat it once and swore i would never do it again so hard!!! (very ip appropriate however CE should be bad ***)
Lt. Commander
# 4 All it takes
01-06-2012, 08:12 PM
All it takes are 1 or 2 idiots sitting still letting themselves get hit by those darn crystal shards and regenerating the entity. I spent a good 45 minutes circling the entity (max engines to outrun the shards, the rest in weapons), and each time I circled I saw the same idiots sitting perfectly still watching a dozen shards ramming into their ships.

I mean, all you have to do is circle the entity, avoid the shards, and shoot. It's not a very difficult system.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie42 View Post
Been trying to get this done, I swear theres a lack of communication, people in general spamming photon's. We keep getting stuck between 30-60 due to lack of communication.
I just avoid it like the plague. My advice is you should join a fleet and organize a CE massacre party. Otherwise you're stuck with noobs spamming photons.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-07-2012, 12:28 AM
CE is difficult to run properly. It's terribly easy to grief, and there's always one or two people who get their jollies making it impossible for anyone to succeed at it.

The truth is, CE has been broken for ages, and Cryptic has said over and over that they're going to try to fix CE so that it's harder to grief, but so far, there's been nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-07-2012, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Words of wisdom - never pug the CE.

Second, use groups of people with cannon scatter volley and torpedo spread.
I thought Photon torpedo's was supposed to make it worse.

Also seems like a fair amount seem to die when playing the crystal but its mainly down the beam from the main crystal, lack of team work.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-07-2012, 07:58 AM
It used ot be killable in the first month wiht a PUg....then people complained and the more modern-CE is the result..blame the "it's too easy!!!!" players that probably left he game already...

I still haven't been able to kill it, and I gave up on trying a year ago.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
It used ot be killable in the first month wiht a PUg....then people complained and the more modern-CE is the result..blame the "it's too easy!!!!" players that probably left he game already...

I still haven't been able to kill it, and I gave up on trying a year ago.
Don't forget the 1 person 1-shot kill Ramming Exploit. :p

But yeah, the original version was too easy. The second version was too tough because it required raid-level coordination and cooperation. Now with the Queues, it's impossible for 5 people to take down the CE. So people have to do private queues to fight it.

On one hand the Private Queue raiding makes it feel like a traditional MMO Boss-level raid, just too bad the rewards are so pathetic the only reason to do it is to scratch off an accolade from the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie42 View Post
I thought Photon torpedo's was supposed to make it worse.

Also seems like a fair amount seem to die when playing the crystal but its mainly down the beam from the main crystal, lack of team work.
Not sure where you heard that but Torpedo Spreads are good things, it's mines and NPC summons that are bad (Saucer Seperated Galaxies, MVAM Prometheus, Photonic Fleet, Fleet Support, fighters, etc).
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-07-2012, 09:37 AM
This is part of the problem right there. Two years later and there's still waaay too much conflicting information about what works and what doesn't with the CE.