Lt. Commander
It lists a point system, but unlike the Cryptic version, none of the infractions have a listed point value. Given that the new system appears a lot harsher (4 points gets you a lifetime ban, as opposed to 20 in the Cryptic version) it would be nice to have some idea what we're dealing with.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-06-2012, 05:39 PM
according to Stormshade, we don't actually 'get' infraction points anymore under the new system... meaning it's up to the dev's and the moderators to decide if we're worth a ban or not, not automatically get one based on our points

example, if we're so bad we get banned, the first it's 3 days suspenion... the next time it's a week, then it's two... then it's permanent (this is right off the top of my head, so it may be incorrect)

so nothing's REALLY changed, just how it's done
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-06-2012, 05:45 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-06-2012, 05:48 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey79 View Post
Also I think there should be some training involved for those who wield the infraction / ban hammer that involves making sure it is done in a proportional way.

That's my biggest fear - angry non-Trek fans smacking people who don't really deserve it with the infraction mace of Molag Bal.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo

That's my biggest fear - angry non-Trek fans smacking people who don't really deserve it with the infraction mace of Molag Bal.
To be fair, someone can be a Trek fan and still go a bit power mad with the old hammer.

All it takes is someone with the power, to be having a bad day, problems at home or their boss chewing them out over something and wham, that hammer is swinging over the slightest thing.

There needs to be some sort of safety measure in place, perhaps someone else has to review a request for an infraction before it is put in place?

We all do it, even I have snapped at the wrong people, its called being human - we make mistakes and we lash out, heck I've even done it on here myself, I will admit that. I however, don't have any authority over people on here. And if I did, I'd fully expect my actions to be monitored and audited, as infraction breaches / bans etc. should be.

Well, that's my opinion anyway.
Closed Thread