Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Those who are discussing moderator actions taken against their account above may want to remove those references:

Old rules still in effect:
Posting Private Correspondence 10 points
You may not post messages that have been sent or received in private. This includes, but is not limited to:
PMs received from other users and Cryptic Staff.
Correspondence from our Customer Service Department or moderators.
Discussing disciplinary actions taken against any forum, or game account.

New rules soon to be in effect:
Posting Private Correspondence
You may not post messages that have been sent or received in private. This includes, but is not limited to:
PMs received from other users and PWE Staff.
Correspondence from our Customer Service Department or moderators.
Discussing disciplinary actions taken against any forum, or game account.

Lt. Commander
# 12
01-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey79 View Post
There needs to be some sort of safety measure in place, perhaps someone else has to review a request for an infraction before it is put in place?
Certainly there needs to be an automatic appeal system put in place. I mean, even murderers on death row get that right. lol
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-06-2012, 08:30 PM
There is a means to dispute an infraction if you feel you unfairly got one. Just submit a support ticket.

Can be found here

Quote:
Disputing an Infraction

If you wish to dispute an infraction, you may file a community support ticket on our support page located at: http://www.startrekonline.com/support. A member of our Community Team, other than the individual who gave the infraction, will review your dispute and make a final call on the matter. Once a dispute has been reviewed and actioned, the issue will be considered closed and not subject to additional review.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
Certainly there needs to be an automatic appeal system put in place. I mean, even murderers on death row get that right. lol
You can already appeal by contacting customer service.

What would be the point of an auto-appeal when they could just tie in an auto-rejection?

Making a personal appeal is more likely to result in a personal response.

Lt. Commander
# 15
01-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Patton
There is a means to dispute an infraction if you feel you unfairly got one. Just submit a support ticket.
The problem is.. a lot of people have submitted extremely valid tickets who wait weeks or even months for a response. I guess this "hiring" goes some way to address that. But three poeple? It just doesn't seem like enough.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
You can already appeal by contacting customer service.
I didn't realise that.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-06-2012, 08:37 PM
I think everyone deserves a fresh start after the so called Atari Rules.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Maybe looking for three people is just a test to see how well things work out. If it works, then we will be sure to see more people becoming mods. If not then I reckon they will just keep to just Cryptic employees being mods.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
I think everyone deserves a fresh start after the so called Atari Rules.
I actually agree with this. these are new rules and a new company. they should clear the slate for everyone. this way people who have infractions from atari are not being penalized.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-06-2012, 11:26 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Closed Thread