Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Those who are discussing moderator actions taken against their account above may want to remove those references:

Old rules still in effect:
Posting Private Correspondence 10 points
You may not post messages that have been sent or received in private. This includes, but is not limited to:
PMs received from other users and Cryptic Staff.
Correspondence from our Customer Service Department or moderators.
Discussing disciplinary actions taken against any forum, or game account.

New rules soon to be in effect:
Posting Private Correspondence
You may not post messages that have been sent or received in private. This includes, but is not limited to:
PMs received from other users and PWE Staff.
Correspondence from our Customer Service Department or moderators.
Discussing disciplinary actions taken against any forum, or game account.

Maybe, the line is a little blurry, I mean, I havn't divulged anything relating to the content of PM's or really discussed it, and the rest is really discussing clarification and ramifications of the new rules, which is pretty reasonable.

On the other hand some thing are worth getting an infraction, to me at least.

Might come down to who looks at it, I've not really pushed Branflakes, but I've given him a couple of playful nudges, he seems pretty reasonable and savvy enough to understand what is really being said by someone. He can always ask me to edit my post if he doesn't want to take formal action.

Back to the topic at hand, theres a few things to talk about with the new rules, like clean slates and how the new system works in practice, on the face of it, looks like you could get banned for just about anything at the drop of a hat, really merits talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-07-2012, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey79 View Post
I didn't even notice that point thing to be honest, just went back to look at mine... point value to one side, it amazes and confuses me at times over the so called "rules" for these forums.
Where can you see these listed at? I read they're always visible if you click "My Account." I don't think I have gotten any, but I agree that the rules are set up in such a way that we have to be cautious or even walk on egg shells to be 100% safe from this. I just want to be sure I'm checking the right place, like maybe there's a specific section underneath of the "My Account" area you need to look at?
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-07-2012, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
Where can you see these listed at? I read they're always visible if you click "My Account." I don't think I have gotten any, but I agree that the rules are set up in such a way that we have to be cautious or even walk on egg shells to be 100% safe from this. I just want to be sure I'm checking the right place, like maybe there's a specific section underneath of the "My Account" area you need to look at?
You may not see it if you don't have anything.

But you click on Quick Links once on the toolbar up above and go to bottom item called My Profile under Subscribed Threads.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-07-2012, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
RS dont worry if you had gotten any you would have recieved an email in game telling you it happened. No emails? then you have not been moderated.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-07-2012, 03:29 AM
I doubt they will wipe the slate clean as it would mean all banned accounts could post again.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-07-2012, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
I doubt they will wipe the slate clean as it would mean all banned accounts could post again.
It'd be possible to "wipe the slate clean" for accounts that weren't banned. If they were banned, it was probably pretty serious. If they haven't been, then probably more minor. But I recall a few posts written by StormShade where he's stated very clearly that he is adamant about making those things permanent and he was unwavering in his opinion on that topic, so I doubt very much it will happen under his watch. They were written in a sticky thread about trolling.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-07-2012, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
So anyone who previously won more than three infraction points gets permabanned?

I can believe it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-07-2012, 07:24 AM
It seems that Silence of the Lambs will truly be the Golden Dragon Rule around here from now on.

The little IMP deep inside me, has decided to retreat to greener pastures...

We've gone back to pretty much lurking as of late... peering out from under the relative safety of our Troll-Bridge.

Lt. Commander
# 29
01-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Edited: To save myself from further infractions
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
It seems that Silence of the Lambs will truly be the Golden Dragon Rule around here from now on.

The little IMP deep inside me, has decided to retreat to greener pastures...

We've gone back to pretty much lurking as of late... peering out from under the relative safety of our Troll-Bridge.

Aye, we will have to watch our P's & Q's
Closed Thread