Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Hello guys. We're interviewing Al Rivera next week and thought it would be a great time to get any questions you might have for him! So launch em at us!

The show is recorded live on Tuesday evenings, 9:30 EST on justin.tv/podcastugc or trekradio.net. The mp3 recording is sent out to iTunes and www.starbaseugc.com on Wednesday evenings. Feel free to join us!

Edit: Al Rivera is Captain Gecko.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-06-2012, 06:51 PM
cool. nice one
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Frogive my ignorance, but who is Al Rivera?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Any plans to give melee a makeover, expand the weapon options, and/or open it to more classes?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-06-2012, 07:39 PM
AI Rivera is Captain Geko.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGRvirus View Post
AI Rivera is Captain Geko.
Ah, really? Thanks!

I notice that's in the OP now
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-06-2012, 07:44 PM
So... questions....

Well...

I'm almost afraid to ask...

Is there any point where a synergy of ground and space might mean less loading screens between ground and space? Something to make the Trek universe experience feel a little more seemless?

Oh, and is it OK if I vandalise the SW:TOR poster outside my local off license? heh :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-07-2012, 02:50 AM
Awesome, guys.

The foundry is a tool that is being developed seperately to STO, CO and even Neverwinter. What type of integration testing is done between STO and the foundry when gameplay is changed? Also are there any plans in the far future to allow foundry mission authors to incorporate DOFF assignments into their mission like has been hinted at for the upcoming FE(s)?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-07-2012, 06:28 AM
any chance we will see the user interface get some attention? the primary colors and chunkyness really take away from the graphics of the game overall, especially the klingon red.

Will we ever see player driven content like territory control to help combat the content drought? improved exploration systems and better foundry incentives would help here as well.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-07-2012, 07:09 AM
Having just completed a revision to the entirety of the skills system, has there been any thought given to potentially adding new Bridge Officer powers?

Would it be possible to create items that can be used to train bridge officers in new powers, much like you can train bridge officers from bridge officer candidates?

How is the agenda looking for the new year? Can you tell us what is the next big ticket item (Other than the new FE) that the team will be working on?