Lt. Commander
First off I want to say its good to be back. The last time I played was when I bought the game and played for the free 30 days. When I first played the game it didn't seem like Star Trek at all and there was very little to do and I got bored fast......very fast. Now that I am back after 21 months of non play time I have to say that the game has really gotten so much better. There is more to do and I am pleased at the content. It took me 6gb and a couple of hours to update the game, but it was worth the wait. Cryptic made the game I thought was going to fail into something I actually enjoy. I'm still getting used to the whole user interface again but I'm sure I'll be up to speed again in no time.

So I would like to say to Cryptic and all its developers that even though you have gone F2P with STO I may consider getting a lifetime membership. You guys did an excellent job at boosting the games level. Keep up the good work.

P.S. This is not me trolling and I know some of you might not even care that I was gone. I just wanted to let Cryptic know that they did a good job since I left during its baby days.

Its Good To Be Back
Lt. Commander
# 2 Welcome back
01-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I had a similar experience. As I recall the game at launch was full of bugs (I loved the floating eyeballs) and terribly boring/repetitive to play. Now it's almost a completely new game. I especially love how they have "Episodes" and "Seasons" and such, really sticking with the Star Trek feel. And you can actually tell what your upgrades actually do!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Welcome back!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Welcome back.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-07-2012, 12:46 AM
Welcome back to the both of you! I'm sure I speak for many when I say we're happy to see returning players enjoying the changes since launch. I can share your sentiments perfectly as I paid for an annual sub during early access and I too got bored very quickly and left after about a month, only to have returned at the beginning of December. There's a lot of nice additions, and there's still room for a great deal more growth. I know it has been challenging for Cryptic at times, but they've weathered those storms and I'm looking forward to what they can accomplish over the next two years.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Welcome back! It's good to see people coming back to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-07-2012, 04:46 AM
Welcome back!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-07-2012, 05:34 AM
Welcome back raven.

Don't let any recent discouraging posts discourage you.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-07-2012, 06:12 AM
Welcome back. Nice to see another 2008 member around.

Enjoy the changes, I'm sure you will love'em.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-07-2012, 06:25 AM
I too have returned after having tried the game when it was first released. I have had so much fun and can't wait for more! Just wish I had more Time to play it!

Bob the Brave