Lt. Commander
Seriously, why does Cryptic keep hurting the Klingons?

Since season 5 you have reduced the selection of ships available for the VA/LG Ship token from 4 down to only 2!!!

The Marauder and Varanus can no longer be obtained with the 600 day token, because they are no longer LG ships.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-07-2012, 09:53 AM
changing a couple of ships from BG to the rank below actually hurts them? not everyone uses VA ships you know, even being that rank

and it's not like they were taken away or anything. i thought that with what little Klingons do get, you'd take what you get
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-07-2012, 09:56 AM
this is one thing I don't really agree with you about. I made a Orion and a Gorn recently and this makes me happy that I'll have them in their respective ships sooner then later.

If anything is hurting the KDF its lack of Storyline missions and and lack of storyline epics like the Overcharged Plasma Sniper Rifle. Polarized Tetryons. All that jazz.

Also it would be cool if the C-Store listed it as Marauder Flight-Deck Cruiser instead of Marauder Patrol Cruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Seriously, why does Cryptic keep hurting the Klingons?

Since season 5 you have reduced the selection of ships available for the VA/LG Ship token from 4 down to only 2!!!

The Marauder and Varanus can no longer be obtained with the 600 day token, because they are no longer LG ships.
i assume you have not tried it because all 4 are still available.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-07-2012, 10:04 AM
i bought the Orion Tier 3 + 4 Ships...
i expected to get the Tier 5 Orion Ship for my 600 day VA1 Token...

in the ingame chat they tell me that the VA1 Token is not even implemented in the game !?

can you provide screenshots as proof?

i do not want to rank up if i don't get my Token because of Cryptic screwing around again...

and no access to the Marauder Ship after i paid 1600 C-Points for 2 Ships that i managed to outlevel in ONE AFTERNOON.... i just dont feel like waisting more money on that toon.

AND the Marauder is just ugly and looks old compared to the 2 new low level Ships -> if i could at least use the low level versions as Shipskin for the Marauder...

i can only warn anyone who thinks it could be FUN to roleplay a Gorn or Orion or even Nausicaan on KDF side using the appropriate Ships.

it's just expensive and you get nothing out of it.

if you think the special consoles are fun?
think again! All 3 Orion Ships come with a "special" fighter type, so you have 3 special fighter types in the end, but only ONE fighter slot, so you can not even use 2 of them together. -> FAIL

feels like a pure rip off and you can't even enjoy the low level Ships any longer because you level WAY to fast now.

heck i liked it better when i had to do the same 3 missions over and over again , only because i could spend some TIME with my D7 Cruiser... playing around with BOff setups and getting some uncommon items for it.

Now, i cant even loot as fast as i need the next higher Tier of items for the Ship.

i hate it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
i bought the Orion Tier 3 + 4 Ships...
i expected to get the Tier 5 Orion Ship for my 600 day VA1 Token...

in the ingame chat they tell me that the VA1 Token is not even implemented in the game !?
i tested this last week, and i just looked again.

The VA/LG tickets are working. You can claim the orion ship or the varanus at LG for free with the token.

the only difference is if you buy the varanus or the orion ship in the store you can use it at BG rank instead.

no you cant use the different hanger bay abilities togther but these are cruiser/carrier hybrids so they can use the battlecruiser consoles instead to compensate.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Thats odd because a friend of mine said he only had the choice of the B'rel and Kar-Fi available to him.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Looked at this myself a while back. What happened was a couple ships were moved from LG to BG. If you filter ship selection to LG Ships you will only see 2 that LG tokens pay for. The others are under BG.

Not sure if that's a bug but all the ships that LG Tokens originally paid for are still there.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Thats odd because a friend of mine said he only had the choice of the B'rel and Kar-Fi available to him.
Is this thread based upon your personal experience or hearsay from your friend?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Is this thread based upon your personal experience or heresy from your friend?
do you mean hearsay because heresy is a slightly different thing.