Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Yes the 'Save All Starbase Personel' one

Why is this so difficult to achieve?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Because if it was easy then you would not feel like you accomplished something.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by machocyclone View Post
Because if it was easy then you would not feel like you accomplished something.
I don't think that's a great answer. The infected optional is significantly more challeninging then the optionals for any of the other STFs, so I think that's really where the question is coming from. It seems imbalanced to me, too, and I don't think there really is a reason.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Note: this only applies to normal difficulty as I have not tried Elite STFs.

I think it's because it requires actual teamwork and strategy, and not just dependent on having enough DPS like many of the other optionals. In PUGs it's hard to coordinate to the level necessary to finish it. How many instances have you been in where your (PUG) team actually communicates before rushing into the room? Who says "I'll take left"? It's only happened once for me, and that time we only missed the optional by a second.

Cure, KA ground both mainly require you to rush through and kill everything as fast as you can before the time limit. Space STFs are much the same. It's not hard to guard the portal against probes in KA space, the challenge is getting enough DPS on the gateways to bring everything down in time. Most of the time I fail KA space optional is because too many people were shooting probes, and not enough were shooting gates.

The main failure mode of Infected ground optional is that the borg assimilate one or more of the crew before you rescue them (teamwork problem), not that you took too long to reach each room before the 15 mins was up (DPS problem). And I'd probably say most of the failures are on the rooms with 2 crew in them. The team just doesn't coordinate well enough to get to both crew and subdue the borg assimilators in time. It's not a DPS problem, it's probably that the team rushes in the room and shoots at the first thing they see instead of running to where the crew need saving and focusing their efforts there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-07-2012, 02:37 PM
every time i do the ground optional its failed by the second room or third room.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-07-2012, 05:22 PM
I have never been able to accomplish the optional on infected either. I just couldn't think of a better answer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnnorm
he main failure mode of Infected ground optional is that the borg assimilate one or more of the crew before you rescue them (teamwork problem), not that you took too long to reach each room before the 15 mins was up (DPS problem). And I'd probably say most of the failures are on the rooms with 2 crew in them. The team just doesn't coordinate well enough to get to both crew and subdue the borg assimilators in time. It's not a DPS problem, it's probably that the team rushes in the room and shoots at the first thing they see instead of running to where the crew need saving and focusing their efforts there.


Congratulations! You just discovered the reason for the new Threat-Up Skill! People have been trying to puzzle out its purpose for a week. Now we know: to peeve the Borg to the point that they will stop trying to assimilate NPCs and chase you down instead.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslyn
Congratulations! You just discovered the reason for the new Threat-Up Skill! People have been trying to puzzle out its purpose for a week. Now we know: to peeve the Borg to the point that they will stop trying to assimilate NPCs and chase you down instead.
to bad this borg dont care for you as long as you dont attack them.... on normal this achievement is a challenge... in elite its just a bad joke....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-07-2012, 08:32 PM
2 engi 2 medics 1 tac or whatever
light of god on group run in cover shield drop mines medic heals you win!


last room

1med 1 engi

1 med 1 engi

have medics kitbash and buff you up then switch back to medic

engi run in > mines > cover shield > light of god if needed> shoot X2
Medic follow engi > shoot > hide behind covershield> heal > shoot X2

Tactical > Smile because youre not dead.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
to bad this borg dont care for you as long as you dont attack them.... on normal this achievement is a challenge... in elite its just a bad joke....

Try a fully-leveled Threat-Up Skill and sweep a Full Auto Rifle across the room. Peg as many Borg as you can in a single attack. Run to the next room, and do it again. All the while hoping that your party can take some of the heat off you while you are taking the heat off of the NPCs.

Of course, I am just guess here as I have never played this Mission.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:19 PM.