Lt. Commander
# 1 Starbase 24 Question
07-13-2011, 07:38 PM
I like the Starbase 24 fleet action, and midway through the space battle I get a mission called "Reach the Station." How do I continue that? I've flown around the station during and after the battle but I get no prompt to beam down and continue.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-14-2011, 07:14 AM
The ground mission is currently broken/inaccessible.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2011, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
The ground mission is currently broken/inaccessible.
That's too bad. Thanks for the information.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-16-2011, 03:46 PM
This still broken?
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-02-2011, 03:59 AM
I'm wondering when this will be fixed too.

I've only just started playing this game and it is better than i thought it would be. However,
I'm not impressed with the scale of bugs present in the game.

Starbase 24 is my biggest bugbear though.
Seeing as this is a known issue that was reported a little over a month ago (according to some of the information i've read) i would have thought that a small/mini patch would have been released in order to get the mission working.

I really want to progress through this game and i will play it as often as i can, up until my free game time runs out. After that, it will largely depend on how Cryptic/Atari deal with these bugs.
The last thing i want to see is for another games studio/publisher ignoring it's customers like Activision does.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomerly View Post
I'm wondering when this will be fixed too.

I've only just started playing this game and it is better than i thought it would be. However,
I'm not impressed with the scale of bugs present in the game.

Starbase 24 is my biggest bugbear though.
Seeing as this is a known issue that was reported a little over a month ago (according to some of the information i've read) i would have thought that a small/mini patch would have been released in order to get the mission working.

I really want to progress through this game and i will play it as often as i can, up until my free game time runs out. After that, it will largely depend on how Cryptic/Atari deal with these bugs.
The last thing i want to see is for another games studio/publisher ignoring it's customers like Activision does.
This mission has been broken since Season 4 was released, along with a bazillion other things. I wouldn't wait for it to be fixed. Just move on and enjoy what you can while you can.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
This mission has been broken since Season 4 was released, along with a bazillion other things. I wouldn't wait for it to be fixed. Just move on and enjoy what you can while you can.
the difference is the dev's have admited the "bazillion" other bugs, but this one has had no response at all as far as i've seen, it'd be nice to know they are atleast looking into it
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-02-2011, 10:54 AM
There are like 10 threads on this. Just accept it as broken and go play something else. I've played SB24 like 4 times since the S4 rollout, IMO it's not worth the queue wait to even bother with. I only have so much time every night to play and sitting around for 30-45mins queuing for a battle is not my idea of a good time.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-02-2011, 11:38 AM
The Hide and Seek mission is the same too.
I got in the base, interfaced with the computer and nothing.
No countdown no completed mission.

Come on Cryptic/Atari. Pull your fingers out.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
There are like 10 threads on this. Just accept it as broken and go play something else. I've played SB24 like 4 times since the S4 rollout, IMO it's not worth the queue wait to even bother with. I only have so much time every night to play and sitting around for 30-45mins queuing for a battle is not my idea of a good time.
I have not gotten into a SB24 at all since Season 4. At Lt. level it's probably pretty easy, but my characters are not Lt. level. At Vice Admiral level, if you are willing to wait for long periods of time and/or willing to be interrupted in the middle of doing something else, you probably can get in once every blue moon as well, but my characters are not Vice Admiral level either. My characters are in the Commander/Captain level bands, where it's IMPOSSIBLE to get into any Fleet Action, barring doing some pre-planning with a Fleet.

Like you I only have so much time to play on any given night, sometimes only 30-45 minutes. Logging in to just stare at a queue screen while my play time ticks down to zero is as you said, not my idea of a good time.