Lt. Commander
Playing CURE today with pubbers and we had one guy in there Ovres'Mot@TmServo, who was just sitting around about 30k from KANG. Of course you think maybe he's just afk... Tried PMing him thinking he was going to defend the KANG and he had me (and i'm sure everyone else) on ignore. We even tried to lure the enemy to him but as we did he moved further away from us which just proved to me that he's just sitting around not contributing.
Fortunately we were able to complete the mission including the option. Thankfully, it was normal cure not elite.

Besides adding him to my ignore list how else do we deal with Leechers?? I know this probably isn't a first but everyone but for me it is. I guess i thought that the community had a better sense of honor.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Most of the community do have a better sense of honour than to do that, but, like every other online community, we do get our share of 'honourless dogs' as the Klingons would say.

I forget his name, but I saw someone doing exactly the same thing in a Red Alert a while back.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Naming and shaming is a no-no here or depending on your side. I thankfully havent met up with any griefers, dont pug stf's? join elitestf channel

that being said this isnt the 1st time i recall hearing that name.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-07-2012, 05:36 PM
We had someone like this earlier today in infected (normal) ground. Made sure he was out of the room whenit came time to fight captain Odgen. Did not help in the final room but waited till the mission was over to grab his loot.

It happens, and more a case of the few odd people than those that like doing these missions.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduckie
Naming and shaming is a no-no here or depending on your side. I thankfully havent met up with any griefers, dont pug stf's? join elitestf channel

that being said this isnt the 1st time i recall hearing that name.
Call it what you want. I feel no shame in naming honorless peeps like that. It's one thing if you're afk because of whatever is happening on the home front but when you purposely have me and the team ignored to chat and ingame VOIP and move away from us on purpose (while leeching of the loot) then you are on the honorless/shame list.
It is sad if that name is familiar to you for him being honorless.
If it's a "No-no" in the cryptic rules then i couldn't find it.
I wish i couldn't pug stf's but my fleet isn't always on at the same time.
I've been hesitant to try Elitestf's after getting my gluteus maximus handed to me after my 1st and only try at it..lol
Maybe i'll try elitestf's again.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docroadie View Post
If it's a "No-no" in the cryptic rules then i couldn't find it.
It's a no-no in cryptics rules. You will probably be moderated, but not until Monday ;-)

As for the actual problem, nothing you can do really... only thing I could think of is to convince the other 3 people with you to take a coffee break and come back in 30 minutes (moving the mouse every so often), while someone just chills out and protect Kang in the mean time... the waste of time should make most leechers quit, but it probably will be difficult to pull that off...

Outside of that, you're probably out of luck
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Harassing Material - 5 points
You may not create posts which contain material that is repetitively insulting, defaming and/or otherwise harassing any other user and/or any Cryptic Studio employee, officer and/or director.
The naming and shaming there could be interpreted as defamation, as there is no "proof" of what you said happened actually happening. Not saying I dont believe you but Its best to err on the side of caution.

That rule there is an insta 3-day ban and I would hate for you to be banned when you were trying to assist the community.

oh my
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-07-2012, 08:19 PM
I would hope the Devs are playing the missions and notice this behavior. I would also hope that they are following up by watching these players from "The Q Continuum", and then follow up with diciplinary actions. But then I am likely just wishing for pigs to fly.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorch99 View Post
We had someone like this earlier today in infected (normal) ground. Made sure he was out of the room whenit came time to fight captain Odgen. Did not help in the final room but waited till the mission was over to grab his loot.

It happens, and more a case of the few odd people than those that like doing these missions.
Best thing you can do is trap them between two covershields at the end, I think they last long enough to make sure the person gets no loot
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Come come now guys. What makes you assume said guys you are "naming" dont see these posts and decide to report you for said rule. Dont get infracted because of them. remember their names, tell your friends privately ingame let your fleet-mates know to watch out for said people/fleets and keep enjoying the game.

Im unsure what the rules are ingame thus why i said privately

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
Best thing you can do is trap them between two covershields at the end, I think they last long enough to make sure the person gets no loot

Interesting, but wouldnt /unstuck work for them?