Lt. Commander
# 1 Seriously!!???
01-07-2012, 05:38 PM
This is probably a very redundant post, but...

Fail, I get a leaver penalty in an STF because im forced into teaming with accolade hunters or people who chose not to educate themselves on the missions? Can this be modified in some way? if i play after dark where i live i have no chance to get the optional...After so many times playing them, finishing them without the optional is a waste of time to me. All i do is space Stf,s, craft and an occasional RA...now what? wait 4 RA,s and craft? Little light for $15 bucks a month.

Yes i still pay, but im beginning to wonder why.
I hope this didnt come off as a rage post but its very, very irritating.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Join a Fleet of people who play at the same time you do - there are Fleets that cover every time zone. That way you have a decided group of people to do STFs with rather then pugging.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Ty :)
01-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Iv joined fleets b4, i play with them 4 1 day and rarely see them again Perhaps its me. Just seems I either get an awesome team and beat them relativity quickly or spend an hour wondering what the rest are doing. Any Fleet suggestions? im a casual player but i take the time im in game very seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-07-2012, 06:55 PM
90% of the STF I do the optional succeeds.. no not organized normal cue with random dudes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-07-2012, 09:22 PM
It's a worse feeling when you've actually completed the mission, but the leave map button fails to appear and you get a leaver penalty for clicking the warp out button instead. I had the unfortunate experience of playing with a group in The Cure who spent more time faffing about with the Kang that anything else. Took almost 40 minutes to complete that mission.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-08-2012, 02:10 AM
I had someone just floating around off in a corner... I flew over there and floated right with them and zig zaged about. Made it real clear that things weren't going to progress if that person didn't get with the program.

I think I said "I could do this all day and you'll never complete this STF" or something. It got them to get with the program a bit more. Sadly the best way to combat it is to just do it right back to them and make it clear that remaining team will not finish the STF.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-08-2012, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglcny View Post
I had someone just floating around off in a corner... I flew over there and floated right with them and zig zaged about. Made it real clear that things weren't going to progress if that person didn't get with the program.

I think I said "I could do this all day and you'll never complete this STF" or something. It got them to get with the program a bit more. Sadly the best way to combat it is to just do it right back to them and make it clear that remaining team will not finish the STF.
STF's need either a Team Leader who can kick those people
or a Kickvote

it's ridiculous that people can get away with such behavior
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-08-2012, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglcny View Post

Kinda reminds me of one of my first DSEs just that the leecher in the corner said he didn't need my approval to not do anything.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-08-2012, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
STF's need either a Team Leader who can kick those people
or a Kickvote

it's ridiculous that people can get away with such behavior
Thats the curse of of public queue... :p

You know I could live with that on normal, since there you usually only need 2 or 3 people that know what to do, but on elite.. nope...
Lt. Commander
# 10 Just frustrating
01-08-2012, 08:19 AM
I wouldn't mind a 40 minute mish or even an hour long one if some could work as a team, low dps, no problem, low experience, cool. But not even trying for the optional let alone finishing under an hour? Almost worth a penalty just to finish up my crafting. I hate being 'The newb' making the teams job harder, but at one time i was. " In space" as i have little in the way of ground skills but i make it known and learn what i can beforehand. Why would one waste their own time as my own holds some value.