Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
01-08-2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
i remember a year ago dstahl telling is the more we buy in the cstore, the more content they will make.
Maybe there weren't enough c-store purchases :p

Anyway, I believe that the Foundry is underrated and underused. I see it as the strongest asset of STO at the moment, but it needs to be properly tweaked.
Once the Foundry becomes more popular, reliable and rich reward-wise, more community-made missions will be released = the more story content we will have.

But again, the Foundry needs to be worked on, in order to make that happen.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-08-2012, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
i remember a year ago dstahl telling is the more we buy in the cstore, the more content they will make.
I would love to see the metrics they have available along with the goals they set when they said this. I understand 2011 was a turbulent year for Cryptic but at the same time statements like those need to be honored or at least acknowledged when those plans fall through.

I still maintain that they would have between 3 to 4 times as many purchases in the c-store if they halved the prices on everything that is in there currently.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-08-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyusswren View Post
I still maintain that they would have between 3 to 4 times as many purchases in the c-store if they halved the prices on everything that is in there currently.
Maybe they are waiting for the free players to join, then observe the sales for a few months, then launch a "surprise" drop in price for c-store items and market that price drop as a long-lasting sale. That will give the potential customers a higher impulse towards making a purchase in the store.

At least that's how I'd to it.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-08-2012, 06:22 AM
The fact that we're looking at two FEs in 2012 does not bode well. I agree that if we saw at least one per quarter that would be borderline acceptable, but two per year is an absolute joke.