Lt. Commander
# 21
01-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D207 View Post
I would be nice to have it back, but since cryptic is all hush, hush about things to come, it would be quite useless, since all of these responses would most likely end with “Soon”™

Q: New content?
A: Coming Soon

Q: New Ships?

Q: Bug fixes?

I really don’t see the point in wasting the developers time in this as most of the questions will most likely have to do with upcoming things in the game.
As we all know “soon” can mean any time from 1 day to 1 year or more.

Case in point “PVP”, “KDF”
If you have to ask then there REALLY is no point in having it back.
What's the point of having communication with the community in the first place then? If none of our demands for future content are satiated, then the community will just die away eventually. I'm definitely for the Ask Cryptic Threads because it forces Cryptic to have to continually set new goals based on new community feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Nothing will happen until STO gets a new EP who can put everything back inline and set priorities straight. Someone with a vision for the game hopefully. Current temporary EP has allowed everything to go all to pieces to put it nicely.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-12-2012, 07:47 PM
A new EP sure would be welcome around here. I'd like to see Dan back in his old job personally. He mayy not have delivered a lot on time but it came eventually and with a lot less bugs. He took the time to interact with the cummunity in many ways also. Yet another thing Stephen doesn't do. Canned blogs and rushed builds don't spark confidence in this game from the community.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-13-2012, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
What's the point of having communication with the community in the first place then? If none of our demands for future content are satiated, then the community will just die away eventually. I'm definitely for the Ask Cryptic Threads because it forces Cryptic to have to continually set new goals based on new community feedback.
^^^^

I like this.

Would be great to have teh community influence the goals