Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-08-2012, 01:51 AM
Yeah... I got nothin'.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-08-2012, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
In the grand scheme of things does it matter? That past is the past. We can't change it. Worry about promises from yesterday is sort of like that first girlfriend you said "I love to." There's a good bet you didn't marry her, so it really had no long-term meaning.

http://drippet.com/wp-content/upload...99problems.jpg

//
and on topic:

i also want to see the Bridge Officer to player char upgrade option !

"Exploration 2.0" is also something i want to see sometime in 2012 or 2013 and was something dStahl wanted to do but never put on any schedule i think "design discussions" / "drawing board" at most...
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-08-2012, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
I so rarely disagree with you, but I have to do so now. This is specifically my least desired feature. I've come out against it every time and typically proposed a counter idea (that was very close to what the DOff system is now).

The levels from Captain to VA are the most content sparse, dull and familiar levels. That is the last story content everyone at max level has played. Starting another character right there only highlights how little content there was.

The tech would probably be rather substantial and I'd far rather they spend time on something that adds to the game.
Tried this recently? I've levelled two characters since F2P and have to say the higher tiers, Fed side at least are much better than they were; there's content right up to VA and beyond now that it's gated to a certain level. If you use XP boosts* then you'll not even have to do any grinding, just stick with the storyline content and the DIlithium dailies and you'll just have mission after mission. The missions themselves are starting to look a little tired compared to the Feature Episode missions but they still have some of the better story lines in the levelling missions and they aren't exploration clusters which is always a bonus.

This is much different on the KDF where hitting BG will leave you with 5 levels to grind through until you get the Breen at MG which will take you to LTG where you'll have the Undine missions.
It's better than it was but it's a little annoying that there are missions at LTG but you're grinding at BG.

*They're cheap on the exchange, less than 250k the last time I bought a couple so if you're levelling an alt they really help speed things up for not much cost.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-08-2012, 06:41 AM
Leviathan99, you do realize that probably everyone, myself included have waited for that something they wanted in STO and most have not gotten it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Since Stephen didn't know about the proposed "no more than two weeks of downtime between Featured Episodes" claim by dstahl, I figure we should probably cover some other claims that were made:
of course he knew about it. I wouldn't put too much faith in anything that guy claimed. do you REALLY think a programmer wouldn't know what his boss intended to do design wise? he was a programmer, and employee and read the boards just like all the other devs. given all that I don't believe for a second that he didn't know. and lying about it is a cheap cop out that says alot. he could have just said plans had changed, he didn't. instead he lied about it.

Quote:
In the grand scheme of things does it matter? That past is the past. We can't change it. Worry about promises from yesterday is sort of like that first girlfriend you said "I love to." There's a good bet you didn't marry her, so it really had no long-term meaning.

IMO, the people on this forum spend too much time dwelling on the past. It's like everyone here is a history professor. We have to live in the real world, and in the real world many things we are told, tell others, and aspire to achieve just don't pan out.
it very much does matter. these were claims made by a company representative in an official capacity. time has nothing to do with it. if its to be that just because they said something, a few months down the road it means nothing cause 'that was the past' then their claims as a company don't mean squat and they can't be trusted to keep to anything they've said
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Leviathan,

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. There are no words that can make the loss of someone close to you feel any less tragic. I don't think that post could have been easy for you to write, but it deserves acknowledgement and it only makes me respect you just that much more. And I had already come to respect you a great deal from reading your posts on here.

On a lighter note, I can understand wanting to have your character be unique in STO. I've always regretted making my main character a human male, because he looks like every other human male in the entire game. You really can't make him look all that different, even with all the customization options, because they all have the same basic template.

Coming from FFXI, which I played for years, making someone unique is one of my favorite things about MMOs.

-Samuel
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:

IMO, the people on this forum spend too much time dwelling on the past. It's like everyone here is a history professor. We have to live in the real world, and in the real world many things we are told, tell others, and aspire to achieve just don't pan out.
this is pretty much what happens

yes, the past is important (doomed to repeat it and all that), but the level these forums hold Cryptic to the past is just... obsessive or something

people have their reasons and justfications... but it doesn't always excuse the level of heck they give Cryptic, who can only do so much at once anyway
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post

And this is the reason Cryptic gets away with promising the Moon, and delivering Dirt.

We, as a community, only have power if we hold Cryptic to what they have promised us. I am not talking about theoretical wants, but items we have been promised for 2YEARS now. We can no longer continue to say it will be fixed down the road, we have arrived, and the end of the road is bleak and dreary compared to even what we had at release.

Time to start holding people accountable for what has been promised, but rarely delivered.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
And this is the reason Cryptic gets away with promising the Moon, and delivering Dirt.

We, as a community, only have power if we hold Cryptic to what they have promised us. I am not talking about theoretical wants, but items we have been promised for 2YEARS now. We can no longer continue to say it will be fixed down the road, we have arrived, and the end of the road is bleak and dreary compared to even what we had at release.

Time to start holding people accountable for what has been promised, but rarely delivered.
and going by that excuse, is the reason this game isn't as good as it is, because the forums take things too seriously

it's things like that that hold the game back, the players acting like jerks and spoiled brats, justified or otherwise

granted, there are good people, but there's still no excuse for such behavior as we've seen over two years
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
of course he knew about it. I wouldn't put too much faith in anything that guy claimed. do you REALLY think a programmer wouldn't know what his boss intended to do design wise? he was a programmer, and employee and read the boards just like all the other devs. given all that I don't believe for a second that he didn't know. and lying about it is a cheap cop out that says alot. he could have just said plans had changed, he didn't. instead he lied about it.
Just for info, DSthal wasn't D'Angelo's boss and technically as Chief Technical Officer of Cryptic D'Angelo wasn't a dev either... Probably had much more important things to do than read the forums.