Lt. Commander
# 1 Rare and prototype salvage
01-07-2012, 07:20 PM
I have a whole mess of rare and prototype salvage, and nothing to do with it (other then turn it into DL) But I already have lots of DL. Would it be possible to be able to buy something else with them, like say the doffs for example? Or even trade them in for EDCs somewhere?

Thanks!

Edit -> some math!

There are three main things that take EDC. 3x space kits, 3x ground kits (and two sets of each of those) and then the doffs. You can only get the edcs from playing the stfs, and you only get them one at a time. Also, the prices for the edc merch are kind of high, so for one toon to get one of everything for that particular faction, you would need 960 edc. You get an average of 1 edc every 20 minutes, give or take. That's around 320 hours to earn everything (or playing for 13.3 days straight)

To put things in perspective, at the time of editing this post, I just received my 700 day accolade, and I have thus fat logged 1686 hours (according to the steam counter) in sto. Averages out to around 843 hours, so we are looking at around four months of stfing (on my timetable, mind I also have 6 toons) to get all the mk XI stuff. And I have yet to see a mk XII set drop.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Up to the devs and they might not know what to do with it. It might be next week or six months from now when they have a way to convert salvage to tech or EDC. Can always get Cryptic Points with them by converting the salvage to Dilithium, then using the Dilithium Exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Dont need any of those either

Here is the thing:

There are three main things that take EDC. 3k space kits, 3x ground kits (and two sets of each of those) and then the doffs. You can only get the edcs from playing the stfs, and you only get them one at a time. Also, the prices for the edc merch are kind of high, so for one toon to get one of everything for that particular faction, you would need 960 edc. You get an average of 1 edc every 20 minutes, give or take. That's around 320 hours to earn everything (or playing for 13.3 days straight)

People are going to burn out on the STFs, and they they are going to be stuck with the problem of no one wanting to play them again. They either need to make things cheaper, give out more edcs, take some things off of the edc market, make salvage exchangeable for edc, or let us earn edc in another way.

Makes sense to me!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-07-2012, 08:50 PM
I can almost see having surplus rare borg tech, but excess prototype salvage? Either you don't want the sets (then why are you doing STFs), or have collected >12 pieces (to obtain both MACO and Omega XII in both space and ground) from which if I understand the drop rates correctly, is extraordinarily hard to get.

I've just finished about 130STFs, and in that whole time I have never seen any rare borg tech drops of my own, and only one report of rare borg tech dropping for someone else. I honestly have a hard time envisioning how you have somehow earned too much rare/prototype borg drops, so many that you have no more use for them. If this truly is the case, it would seem that you have "played out" the STFs and their reward system.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godimas View Post
Dont need any of those either

Here is the thing:

There are three main things that take EDC. 3k space kits, 3x ground kits (and two sets of each of those) and then the doffs. You can only get the edcs from playing the stfs, and you only get them one at a time. Also, the prices for the edc merch are kind of high, so for one toon to get one of everything for that particular faction, you would need 960 edc. You get an average of 1 edc every 20 minutes, give or take. That's around 320 hours to earn everything (or playing for 13.3 days straight)

People are going to burn out on the STFs, and they they are going to be stuck with the problem of no one wanting to play them again. They either need to make things cheaper, give out more edcs, take some things off of the edc market, make salvage exchangeable for edc, or let us earn edc in another way.

Makes sense to me!
I've been running nothing but STF's for the last two weeks and I can tell you that not only am I burned out on them, but getting really really bored with the game. It has quite literally been six months since there was something *genuinely* new to do in game. My brother asked if he should bother with it and I told him the truth. No. Maybe, *MAYBE* in another six months there will be something to do aside from GRIND GRIND GRIND. So I sent him to the land of Tolkien, Just saying..................
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-08-2012, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnnorm
I can almost see having surplus rare borg tech, but excess prototype salvage? Either you don't want the sets (then why are you doing STFs), or have collected >12 pieces (to obtain both MACO and Omega XII in both space and ground) from which if I understand the drop rates correctly, is extraordinarily hard to get.

I've just finished about 130STFs, and in that whole time I have never seen any rare borg tech drops of my own, and only one report of rare borg tech dropping for someone else. I honestly have a hard time envisioning how you have somehow earned too much rare/prototype borg drops, so many that you have no more use for them. If this truly is the case, it would seem that you have "played out" the STFs and their reward system.
The tech drops that im talking about are only for the standard [borg] weapons and armor. And in this case, are only useful for grabbing a secondary weapon, as I DO use the sets. Believe me, if I could use the salvage for picking up set bits, this thread would not exist
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-08-2012, 05:55 AM
I would be happy if we could get MK XII purple gear with 80 EDC or 10 rare borg salvage and the set pieces for 120 EDCs... each... that way I wouldh ave a higher chance off ever obtaining them... :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-08-2012, 07:08 AM
What we need is something like Elite EDC's for Mk XII sets.
And have each set piece cost 60 Elite EDC, which fits in the scale of increments of 20 between Mk's.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-08-2012, 09:03 AM
I've given up trying elite STF missions. Nobody sticks around to finish them... There has to be another way to earn this stuff...

And I don't want to join someone else's fleet, so please do not suggest that.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Elite STF's is and should always be the only way to obtain Mk XII STF gear.