Lt. Commander
# 51
01-08-2012, 12:06 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelchall
STO was faced with the same issues that SWG was. I helped in Closed and Open Beta for that one and my opinion was the game needed 6 more months before it was ready, but, like was said before, licensing and timing made the release date necessary. This game feels closer to the game I imagined when I first signed up a few months after release.
For me, I think it is what would have been "passable" as a "reasonable release" two years ago. I think a whole lot more can be accomplished in the next two years. Hopefully the game actually has the opportunity to do just that, as then I think it will live up to the name it was given.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Did I do that?
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Did I do that?
There are just so many things I could say right now. I'm seriously biting my tongue on this one!

Great detective work, lol... Should have thought to Google the username!

Googling mine would sure be revealing, lol...
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Did I do that?
Well gang, we've wrapped up another mystery. Let's all go to the malt shop!
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
Wha...? I had no idea that was what Gargamel was up to in the Smurfs. I grew up watching that show as a kid. That's just very "un-kid friendly." LOL

A lot of cartoons were like that. I have a niece and nephews in the single-digit age range. They watch a lot of old-school stuff when they are at house (which is, like, daily). So I see many of these shows with an adult understanding that did not have when I was their age.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-08-2012, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
I totally agree with this. the amount of ego stroking required for them to feel that even by being anon they have to tell you how "great" they are.

the only one of them who has that kind of ego that i know of is William Shatner. So thats my guess
It couldn't have been Shatner, becasue there aren't ellipses in the middle of the sentence
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-08-2012, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslyn
I know, right? The real Little Mermaid was no where near as Happy Ending as the Disney cartoon.
Yeah Peter Pan did not strike me as much of a children's book when I read J. M. Barrie's original as a young adult either.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Yeah Peter Pan did not strike me as much of a children's book when I read J. M. Barrie's original as a young adult either.

That is because Peter Pan is a child abductor. He was villain. Captain Hook was the one trying to get the children back to their parents. In the original play, the part of Hook was often preformed by one of the actors playing Peter's parents. So Peter was frequently trying to murder his own parent, too.
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-09-2012, 02:00 AM
Haha wow, I'm surprised at the length of this thread! Six pages of hijacking basically. lol gotta love it.
Closed Thread