Lt. Commander
# 11
01-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TE5LA View Post
BTW, there's a bug with the names: It still says "Lieutenant" over my toon but it says "Lieutenant Commander" at the top of the screen.
That sounds like a title, which you can set, it doesn't change automatically.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPanix
That sounds like a title, which you can set, it doesn't change automatically.
Yes, I found that out. A bit strange. I can understand an option for no title, but the rank should be automatic. Does that mean anyone could put a "Vice Admiral" before their name?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Yes, I found that out. A bit strange. I can understand an option for no title, but the rank should be automatic. Does that mean anyone could put a "Vice Admiral" before their name?
No, you have to unlock the rank titles by actually earning them.

But it allows you to remain a "Captain" forever even after you've ranked beyond it. Strangely, there's no "Ensign" title... which is annoying, since I wanted to name one of my characters "Ensign Expendable"
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-09-2012, 03:06 AM
I have one of these too, very strange.

Don't want to dispose of it just in case it's actually something we're owed. :|
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBeastie View Post
I have one of these too, very strange.

Don't want to dispose of it just in case it's actually something we're owed. :|
Well, that's too many people for this to be just a random glitch. I'm beginning to think this was a free ship long ago but a patch somewhere along the way broke it, so now it might be unusable.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Well, that's too many people for this to be just a random glitch. I'm beginning to think this was a free ship long ago but a patch somewhere along the way broke it, so now it might be unusable.
I lean towards it being the old "new starship" plaque which you used to get as an inventory asset when you ranked up and had to "give" to the shipwright.. and now it's just a currency item. I've got a feeling you ranked up at some point and didn't redeem your plaque, probably figured you'd hang on to it for later.. and then logged out of STO not to return for ages, and when you did, they'd changed the way that plaque was handled (so you didn't need an empty inventory slot to redeem that promotion).. but since you received the item, and had it in your inventory, it was never deleted. And since you now "spend a currency" in the store, you can't redeem the old one.

That's my best guess for what this is. Judging by the other level-0 items in your inventory in the screenshot.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
I lean towards it being the old "new starship" plaque which you used to get as an inventory asset when you ranked up and had to "give" to the shipwright.. and now it's just a currency item. I've got a feeling you ranked up at some point and didn't redeem your plaque, probably figured you'd hang on to it for later.. and then logged out of STO not to return for ages, and when you did, they'd changed the way that plaque was handled (so you didn't need an empty inventory slot to redeem that promotion).. but since you received the item, and had it in your inventory, it was never deleted. And since you now "spend a currency" in the store, you can't redeem the old one.

That's my best guess for what this is. Judging by the other level-0 items in your inventory in the screenshot.
I was only Lt. 5 when I quit. I never ranked up.

Another oddity is that the stats change sometimes. Once it was +50% HP and +50% Shield Generation.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-29-2012, 07:08 PM
I have one as well on my main, played less than 1 month at launch with the steam pre order.

Came back to try free to play to see the changes, and this item is in my inventory. I was LTCDR 6 or 7 when I quit.

I started an alt and this item does not exist in my inventory on the new character.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir-knight
I have one as well on my main, played less than 1 month at launch with the steam pre order.

Came back to try free to play to see the changes, and this item is in my inventory. I was LTCDR 6 or 7 when I quit.

I started an alt and this item does not exist in my inventory on the new character.
As it was in my case because special items are bound to a character. Isn't it the same with a Jem Hadar ship?
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix

Sounds like a reasonable explanation.