Lt. Commander
# 1 Where Graphics downgraded???
01-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Been gone from STO for a couple of months and came back to the game but I remember the game looking better then it does now graphic wise. I have every setting max out on my video settings like i use to but now ships detail dont look as sharp and the metal look is nothing like i remember seems very weak now. Also noticed that our characters look a lot less detailed. Who knows just maybe me!!! any feedback would be welcome.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-08-2012, 12:45 AM
no its still very playable but just seems a little less sharp, its the little things like when you beam into spacedock transporter pad looks like crap a bit distorted, also earth looks like really bad from spacedock. When you open up a com channel with a bridge officer their outfits use to appear shaper to me. Played around with some video setting and notice that on character texture quality once you pass 63% you dont see any more improvement like you use to when you passed 125% Improvements would change very clearly 2 times at 63% and 125%. Just seems that one level of detail has been removed which if so is a bit of a **** off since my card was more then capable of running it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-08-2012, 12:59 AM
First make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card. Go to your video card manufacturer's site and and enter the model of your card into a search engine there to get the best fit drivers.

All that follows is pure speculation. Take any and all advice with a grain of salt.

Does your card support DirectX11? Did you turn on DirectX11? If you card does not support DirectX11 and you turned it on then turn it back off. If your card supports DirectX11 you could turn it on and get a bit of an improvement but you could find that you are missing textures in a few spots (usually on the ground). Most of the missing textures I saw were back the day after so you should not have this problem.

DirectX is the first option under "Trouble Shooting" in the video options tab. If you hit the "Trouble Shooting" tab and do not see your card listed in the DirectX drop down then you should not activate it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-08-2012, 02:20 AM
I have also noticed a slight drop in texture sharpness. I believe it was 2 patches ago. It is not something that obvious, unless you zoom in.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-08-2012, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krtr
I have also noticed a slight drop in texture sharpness. I believe it was 2 patches ago. It is not something that obvious, unless you zoom in.
hmm so it wasnt just me. its very slight though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-08-2012, 04:48 AM
they have been doing some work to add dx11 which is not quite right yet, but even with that switched off the graphics, mainly backgrounds, nebulas and stars are not as sharp.