Lt. Commander
# 11
01-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Spidey, you said:

Quote:
Not if you just zipped out of range at full impulse (which you can do if the skill puts you out of combat). You don't want to dps in that moment, so weapons being offline isn't that big of a deal (plus you're out of range anyway).
"Oh ****"- Buttons are never about doing dps.
First of all...you can do that ANYWAY -- this new "ability" does absolutely zero for your speed.

Secondly, as you are zipping away...you do want to leave a gift or two for the pursuer...and with this "ability"
activated, you can't do that...

Lastly...consider this - if this MES version is used, the individual using it just nerfed the entire team by willfully withdrawing 20% -- actually probably more than that since Klingon vessels in general do tend to do more damage than their Federation counterparts -- from the team effort. In an STF -- all three of which have time requirements built into them -- constantly taking 20% of the damage capability offline periodically throughout the engagement lowers the team's overall DPS tremendously...and when you do that, it is less likely that you are going to meet the STF time requirement if you want to have a prayer at the optional.

I have completed Infected Elite Space with just four people -- it can be done -- but it is not easy, and with four people, you can complete, but you have very, very little chance of getting the optional...with this new ability...in a four-person setup, you are periodically reducing the engagement envelop to just three combatants....and that means failure if the ability is used repeatedly during the engagement.

So, to wrap up...this is not only a self-disabling ability....it also nerfs and affects the entire team negatively ffrom the DPS perspective...
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
As for the MACO and Omega shield set modifications, what did you expect? The Fed players always get their way on these things, and there isn't much we can do about it.
Hmmm ... .This might be a reason why Klingon players hunting Feds in Kerrat is so tempting.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTempest
Spidey, you said:

First of all...you can do that ANYWAY -- this new "ability" does absolutely zero for your speed.
If the ability really puts you out of combat, you can use full impulse which is:
a. way faster than Evasive Maneuvers
b. doesn't have a timer
and c: doesn't have a cooldown

Quote:
Lastly...consider this - if this MES version is used, the individual using it just nerfed the entire team by willfully withdrawing 20% -- actually probably more than that since Klingon vessels in general do tend to do more damage than their Federation counterparts -- from the team effort. In an STF -- all three of which have time requirements built into them -- constantly taking 20% of the damage capability offline periodically throughout the engagement lowers the team's overall DPS tremendously...and when you do that, it is less likely that you are going to meet the STF time requirement if you want to have a prayer at the optional.

I have completed Infected Elite Space with just four people -- it can be done -- but it is not easy, and with four people, you can complete, but you have very, very little chance of getting the optional...with this new ability...in a four-person setup, you are periodically reducing the engagement envelop to just three combatants....and that means failure if the ability is used repeatedly during the engagement.

So, to wrap up...this is not only a self-disabling ability....it also nerfs and affects the entire team negatively ffrom the DPS perspective...
I never disagreed with you on that. You were asking for a possible use for this ability, I gave you one.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-09-2012, 05:48 AM
Grummble Grummble, rant rant.

becuase I had nothing nice to say.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-09-2012, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Grummble Grummble, rant rant.

becuase I had nothing nice to say.
Go shoot something and you'll feel better.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-09-2012, 07:09 AM
I think some ppl that were griping about the whole KHG space set to being with had no idea what they were talking about and I'll lay it out there to set them straight.

1. The ships that would use any type of new stealth would be the ships that do not have any which are therefore broken ships since the pets either only attack certain targets are none at all (plus carrier commands being so buggy and unreliable).

2. When you are in red alert you cannot use this stealth mode that comes with the set. Plus it is for only 18 seconds and if it were to be able to be used like that you got a whole slew of tactical and science skills to decloak or prevent the cloaking so QQ some more about nothing.

3. Plus to really break it down for you those of us who do have KDF characters also have federation characters we play so think about that one for awhile.

4. The last thing is don't go out trying to ruin our gaming enjoyment just because you are worried about getting hammered by feds or hammered by kdf in kerrat. You gain NOTHING from pvp there is no pvp rank system, pvp rewards equal or greater to those of pvp so its not a big deal because honestly pvp does not exist in this game. Also why I do not pvp much because the playerbase is decades behind me in gaming experience and I don't want them to feel any grief over it. If STO had such incentives to do pvp then I could see where this is an issue but pvp extent is waiting 20 hours for a match in que or just going at it with a friend. The rage in the cage kerrat is not pvp its just a free for all so get over yourselves.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-09-2012, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Go shoot something and you'll feel better.
My grumbling is 90% illness and 10% being upset at the game, besides being at work - they frown on me running around shooting people. It upsets the employeees and raises the insurance rates.
Much like hunting for turkey in the local grocery store, its fun and easy but overall frowned upon.:p
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-09-2012, 07:42 AM
I know this is slightly off topic but one thing that bugs the hell out of me is the lack of sci ships on the KDF side. Sure there's the BoP with universe consoles and the carrier but as of pure sci ships you have to buy them. I play mostly only sci toons which is easy on the Fed side but it's like pulling teeth on the KDF side which REALLY sucks!
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
3. Plus to really break it down for you those of us who do have KDF characters also have federation characters we play so think about that one for awhile.
I don't. I got my fed to lvl 6 and created two kdf's, after that there was no need for my fed char.

On topic: I think this was a crappy move by cryptic, but I am not surprised. I don't really care about stealth, just give me a few seconds longer to live so that I can fire off one salvo more and I'm good. I would like to see, rather than a stealth buff, a 1% chance of regenerating my shield when hit or something like that.

The ewp I guess could be usable if I want to get away, pop it, go out of combat, full impulse, cloak(I run a raptor), then strike the enemy again or just run away. 15 secs is a bit too long though if it is meant to be used in this fashion. 7 secs would be better.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEWIE1701 View Post
I know this is slightly off topic but one thing that bugs the hell out of me is the lack of sci ships on the KDF side. Sure there's the BoP with universe consoles and the carrier but as of pure sci ships you have to buy them. I play mostly only sci toons which is easy on the Fed side but it's like pulling teeth on the KDF side which REALLY sucks!
Many of the new ships released to the KDF are science friendly. The Phalanx, Draguas and Varanus are all support vessels with high-end Science BOff slots.
They even have some of the inherent science ship bonuses like Subsystem targeting and sensor analysis.

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus

I have one fed character that I do not play.